What's new

Monster Coffee Grinder

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Since Black Dog Coffee is all about freshness I've resisted, so far, offering ground coffee for sale. Also, grinding for sale would kill my home grinder in no time flat and commercial grinders are waaaaayyy expensive. However, since I've had so many people ask me for ground coffee I decided to see if I could find a reasonably priced high capacity grinder.
Here's what I found:
ditting1.jpg
It's a Ditting KF804 OCP and is designed for coffee shops, retail stores and cupping labs. This thing is a freaking monster! It grinds 1lb of coffee in less than a minute and is infinitely adjustable from coarse to superfine. I just ground a pots worth of coffee in less time than it took to type half this sentence. At every grind level it puts out the most consistent grind of any machine I've ever used. Hell, I may just quit using my Infinity!
Dittings are made in Switzerland and are known to typically run for 30 years before requiring factory service and then mostly what's done is installing a new set of burrs. This one is probably about 15 years old and is working great.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
So does this mean you will grind coffee now? If so, lemme know your current coffee list :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
It's working great! I've ended up just leaving it on the kitchen counter and using it for my morning coffee as well as grinding coffee for Black Dog. It grinds a pot's worth of coffee in a few seconds. My Infinity seems to take forever after using this one. And no static issues!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
And the ground coffee is gooda too! Now I can drink some BlackDog coffee like you cool MoFo's!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I forgot to mention that the beast weighs over 50lbs. Another reason for leaving it on the counter rather than moving it around too much. I have been taking it to the Saturday Farmers Market. The first time I took it and set it up on the cheap table I use, it nearly collapsed it. Now I just leave it in the trunk of the car and run the power cord to it. It's surprising (at least to a coffee freak like me) how many people prefer to buy ground coffee rather than grind fresh every morning.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
It's working great! I've ended up just leaving it on the kitchen counter and using it for my morning coffee as well as grinding coffee for Black Dog. It grinds a pot's worth of coffee in a few seconds. My Infinity seems to take forever after using this one. And no static issues!
That reminds me...new thread forthcoming!