What's new

Monte #2 box Real?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These just arrived after a surprising 4 days since ordered, box checks out and so does the bar code but this is my first Monte #2 box so I really wouldn't know if the cigars are legit. If you had one of these give me some pointers on what to look for.
http://imgur.com/a/lpNrh

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
While I'm no expert, the most common response will be trust your source. I'm sure the more experienced brothers will chime in.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I'm no expert, the most common response will be trust your source. I'm sure the more experienced brothers will chime in.

Since is my first is kinda hard to trust source lol everyone is very secretive about their sources, so I'm testing the waters and this one ships very quick!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Quick orders don't mean that it's a fake.

The two orders I've made have both arrived in less than a week (after they put it in the mail). I don't know all that well, but if the codes, boxes, labels and most of it checks out, and you trust your dealer, you're probably ok.

Taste test is the main way you can find out for real.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nothing to worry about that I can see. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I will tell you what I know about where you got them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are fine, but some minor stuff...
1. Never seen a period between the month and year on the date code...anybody know if that is something new?
2. The seal ideally is cut in half by the edge of the box. I have seen some sloppy labels, but usually they get at least part of the seal on the edge of the box. Yours has none of the seal bisected by the edge of the box. But like I said, minor. The sticks look fine.

Trout

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1. Never seen a period between the month and year on the date code...anybody know if that is something new?
Not really new as I've seen it here and there for the last couple of years to include boxes bought from an LCDH. It's just not that common.

2. The seal ideally is cut in half by the edge of the box. I have seen some sloppy labels, but usually they get at least part of the seal on the edge of the box. Yours has none of the seal bisected by the edge of the box. But like I said, minor. The sticks look fine.
Trout
I assume you mean shield instead of seal and you are right they usually do get part of the shield on the corner. Still even leaving the source out of it I don't think this is of particular concern as this is easily attributable to human error.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Case in point... I just received a box of RyJ Reservas Cosecha 2008 and they have a colon in them.... Box code GUT: JUL 13. The source is unquestionable.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Not really new as I've seen it here and there for the last couple of years to include boxes bought from an LCDH. It's just not that common.
My last box of PSD5's from a LCdH had an asterisk in it (GUT MAR*13). I had never seen it before then, but the source was unquestionable as well. I even emailed www.cubancigarwebsite.com about it and they also reassured me that they (asterisks, colons, periods, etc.) happen from time to time & to chalk it up to "Cuba being Cuba".

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input guys. I'll let these babies sit in the humidor for 3 weeks and test one, already ordered some PSDN4 and Cohiba Piramides extra! my wife is already bitching at me lol

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Look legit to me also, but source is the key ingredient. If your source is trust worthy, then you should have nothing to worry about, if you want pm one of the guys you know to be reliable your source and see what they have to say,

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Pretty sticks,actually very good color and construction.
Cuban cigars and boxes are the least uniform of any you will ever see.
I have ordered multiple boxes and had each one slightly different from the same master case.......

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good to go. I have a box of 10 and nothing looks different compared to my box/sticks. Run the serial # on habanos.com