What's new

Monte #2

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
smoked my first monte #2 in the jaccuzi last night! what an absolutely incredible cigar! could not put it down! this is, by far, the best smoke i've had to date.... the flavors complimented each other so well! AWESOME!!

interesting note: i started out with a glass of cab sav. that didn't work at all! switched to JD on the rocks. wrong again! margarita? no, no, no! cognac?, blah.... hell, water even detracted from the flavor of the smoke! smoked the last half with nothing, natta, zilch! once i finished the cigar, i had 4 different drinks sitting on the counter. watched the new miami vice movie whilst i finished my booze.

this was the first cigar that i could not find a pairing that i liked! Q1 - what goes good with a monte #2. Q2 - has this happened to anyone else, and what cigar was it?

thanks,

jeff

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
353   0   0
hmm, I have one of these in the humi that a rather generous BOTL sent me, I'll have to light it up soon

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
tried the daniels, seemed to wipe out the flavor of the cigar. maybe i need a smoother bourban. any suggestions?

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
353   0   0
yeah, anything, because anything is smoother than jack :wink:

try some glenfiddich 12 or 15 for reeaaalllly smooth

the Dalmore Cigar Malt might pair well also

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I love em, they're one of my favs. Had one the other night, in fact. They are a great cigar to have around...when you just can't decide what to smoke, there's always the reliable Monte2. Never disapointing, always satisifying.

Dangit, I'm down to my last two, probably need to get some more now. LOL!

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
tried the daniels, seemed to wipe out the flavor of the cigar. maybe i need a smoother bourban. any suggestions?
I like a good vodka martini with mine, but find that a good Islay single malt scotch is also superb; for me, Laphroaig or Lagavulin.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Just had a nice Port tasting at the San Sebastian Winery here in St Augustine. Both we're pretty good. Not overbaring or too sweet. One was a Cream Sherry the other was a traditional Port under their label.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Now that you have discovered these...its time to try different years. Doomed.:innocent:

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Monte #2's are great smokes. You didn't state what code or year it was. I have been curious as to how the 06's have been smoking.

One pairing that I have found seems to always work for me is coffee. For some reason it seems to make the individual flavors of most cigars stand out and shine even more, for me anyway. I know it's not alcoholic, but it's an alternative.