What's new

Monte #2

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Monte #2's are great smokes. You didn't state what code or year it was. I have been curious as to how the 06's have been smoking.

One pairing that I have found seems to always work for me is coffee. For some reason it seems to make the individual flavors of most cigars stand out and shine even more, for me anyway. I know it's not alcoholic, but it's an alternative.
box code PUT JUN 06.

i will try the coffee!

and i will most definetly keep my eye out for prior releases. this is a dang good smoke!

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
One pairing that I have found seems to always work for me is coffee.
I was about to say the same. If you really want alcohol, try adding a little Bailey's to the coffee. Or Bailey's on the rocks will do although I find that a little too sweet. Coffee and a well aged Monte #2, there's very little that's better than that :thumbsup:

Trilobyte

Herfing Chief
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One pairing that I have found seems to always work for me is coffee. For some reason it seems to make the individual flavors of most cigars stand out and shine even more, for me anyway. I know it's not alcoholic, but it's an alternative.
Yes, coffee and bottled water are my two best beverages with cigars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the monte 2 is nice... has always been a fav of mine. but my wrappers are light and a little dry when i buy from duty free. any reasons?

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the monte 2 is nice... has always been a fav of mine. but my wrappers are light and a little dry when i buy from duty free. any reasons?
CC's seem to have a lot more variation than NC's, IME. As to the dryness, I would guess that the humidors in the duty free shops may not be as effective or correctly set up as they should be. Just a guess...