What's new

Monte A, a review

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monte A, a review:

I’ve had this cigar for about a year and finally decided to light it. I smoked this Saturday night, so I am going from memory right now:

Appearance and construction: 10/10

To describe this cigar, the wrapper was a dark caramel color, and silky smooth. The feel was firm, no soft spots, no huge veins. Used a guillotine cutter, and a little trim with scissors for a nice clean opening. Pre-light draw was nice, very smooth. The aroma was enticing.

Flavor: 10/10

This cigar started out a little sweet, almost like a hot chocolate, but slowly developed into a rich coffee, or maybe café au lait. As I smoked this, I was reminded how good a cigar could be. As I smoked this, I could notice the change in flavor profile, but am sadly too inexperienced to pin point each taste as it developed and changed. I can tell you, there were a lot of coffee flavors through out this smoke, towards the end of the cigar, maybe last ¼; I started to detect bittersweet chocolate notes, just an accent.

Smoking characteristics: 9/10

This was a 2.5 hr smoke, volumes of creamy smoke the entire time. I did run into a couple minor burn issues, which were caused by the fact that I store smokes at 67/68RH, and this would have been better a few % lower.

Price point 5/5

This one was a gift, but I would purchase this cigar at its current price.

I rate this a 97.

Best thing that I can say is that at no time in the 2.5 hrs that I spent smoking this cigar, did I ever want to put it down. If you have the chance to smoke one, do it!

Alan

R

RX2010

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great review, thanks

if I ever have that long to spend on a cigar I'll hope to have one handy

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Cool man I have a 1998 single laying around and have been close to sparking it up. Might make some time this weekend to burn this bad boy down especially after this review.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Smoked three of these in the last month or so. All watchign football games - when else would I have that time to dedicate to a cigar.

One of the As came from the recent Book. The others were regular production 2002s.

The A from the book was fantastic. Took a little getting use to smokign a 9" cigar but the draw was very manageable. Felt more comfortable after 20 minutes or so when it was the size of a churchil.

The finish was tremendous. A little spicy and very very creamy.

Honestly the production As were very similar. The first couple of inches were very mild but then build slowly. Remarkably the cigar did not become harsh or bitter or overpowering even towards the end.

And great smelling smoke...

justinphilly

makin dollars out of $.15
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I brought 6 of these to a recent Herf at Mahogany's.. All of the guys were amazed at the size of this cigar.. We all sat around, had good food, good drink, and great conversation during the almost 3 hours it took for us to smoke them..

Afterall, isn't that what smoking cigars is all about?

justinphilly

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thats me in the stripes, how did u guess? the guys in that pic are friends of mine from other boards..

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I am part time salesman and full time mind reader. That picture reminded me of a Justin for some reason. ( I don't know you, but would have said I picked the ugly dude :rofl:)

justinphilly

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am part time salesman and full time mind reader. That picture reminded me of a Justin for some reason. ( I don't know you, but would have said I picked the ugly dude :rofl:)
thats amazing... not only are you a mind reader, but you must be blind too, picking me as the ugly dude in a photo of ALL THOSE ugly mugs!!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
thats amazing... not only are you a mind reader, but you must be blind too, picking me as the ugly dude in a photo of ALL THOSE ugly mugs!!
LMFAO :rofl: Touche' sir!

There are a couple photos of me, but none are flattering. Can see Headbanger at Geoffries CW gallery under NY LI Herf in September 06 and Azucar in NJ March 06 for laughs. :peace:

Sorry were :eek:fftopic: Nice reviews guys.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Awesome review.

When Bill Cosby was across the border in Windsor, Canada about 8 or so years ago, he stopped at La Casa del Habano. He grabbed a Monte A and sat around to chat. HE FINISHED THAT JOKER IN 45 MINUTES !!!!!!!!! Cos is a real smoking machine and he has had the best cigars this world has to offer.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Thanks for the review, a classic cigar regarded by most. I've never had one, but hope to one day!

Excellent picture justinphilly!