What's new

Monte Cristo C?

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Don't buy them unless you are stocking up for around 10 years down the road. There are too many other "ready" cigars out there for this price that would give far more enjoyment.
Don't get me wrong, a great smoke, but that's partially on potential IMO as well.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I've read they've opened up some since their uneventful arrival. Get'm if you can swing it and buy something else while you're at it. Pass if you can't and that's the only box you can afford at the time.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
cvm4 said:
I've read they've opened up some since their uneventful arrival. Get'm if you can swing it and buy something else while you're at it. Pass if you can't and that's the only box you can afford at the time.
Everything in this post is spot on. They're opening up and tasting fine, but so tannic, I would say they're years from being "ready". Smokeable, but not ready, IMO

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Kurtdesign1 said:
Everything in this post is spot on. They're opening up and tasting fine, but so tannic, I would say they're years from being "ready". Smokeable, but not ready, IMO
The price I was quoted was $550, but I could probably get it lower. I just don't think I would be able to keep my grubby hands off of them and let them age.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
pharmgator said:
The price I was quoted was $550, but I could probably get it lower. I just don't think I would be able to keep my grubby hands off of them and let them age.
$550 is HIGH.

I don't know of a cheaper vendor, otherwise I'd send it to you, but I'm sure these can be had for lower thanthis.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Kurtdesign1 said:
$550 is HIGH.

I don't know of a cheaper vendor, otherwise I'd send it to you, but I'm sure these can be had for lower thanthis.
I am sure you are right, but I feel uncomfortable purchasing from vendors that I don't knew - I was recently screwed over.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
550 is WAY too high, these can be had for much cheaper.

The C's, as well as the other Monte EL's (with the exception of the D imo) have always gotten a bad rap when they are first issued, then a few years later they begin to open up. I would only reccomend buying these if you want to put them away for a VERY long time. I think these will develop into tremendous cigars, but not for 10 plus years. fitzonelove is correct when he says they arent the typical Monte profile. I find the D to be more in line with the classic Monte taste. If you want something that you can enjoy now, go with the D.