What's new

Monte Cristo Edmundo and draw problems

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
not me. montecristos are drawing consistently well for me. I just got some montecristo no. 2s earlier this week and they have a most wonderful draw.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Just smoked one last weekend and the draw was a bit on the light side. It was a good smoke though.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
The one's I've had have always had a very nice easy draw the only problem I've had with one was that it just kept tunneling on me for some reason.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
pharm, I was just wondering if they might be a little "wet"? It can wreak havoc with the draw sometimes.

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
pharmgator said:
Has anyone smoked these, and if you have have you noticed a really, really tight draw? I'm thinking about sending mine back.
I think you got yourself a keeper. Ditto on the loose draws that others have complained about.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50% of the cigars I smoke suffer from a stiff draw, which varies from needing to take a firm to a very firm draw to get a viable amount of smoke. To paraphrase Steve Saka, you have to fight the cigar.

My tobacconist says that this is because the roller twisted a leaf, and with a draw correction tool probing into the cigar, you can find this obstruction, and after perforating it, the draw will be eliminated. I bought such a tool but have yet to find such obstructions. The tool has worked 5% of the time. It also has ruined the wrapper twice such that it entirely unraveled.

I wonder what any of your experience is in this matter.

BTW, I quite usually smoke handmade cigars in the $5-$7.00 range and thus am not inclined to think that cigar quality is the issue.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
No, are these current? Have not smoked any, send me one and I'll let you know. :stretchgr

to give is Divine! :bouncetau

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I actually prefer a cigar with a SLIGHTLY tight draw. Forces me to smoke slower. Only Edmundos I ever had was the initial release in 04 & that was rediculously underfilled.