What's new

Montecristo Edmundo vs. Grand Edmundo LE10

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Hey guys, just wanted to get some thoughts from any of you who have tried both the Montecristo Edmundo and the Grand Edmundo LE 2010 for a possible upcoming purchase. Do you think you are just paying for the extra band on the Grand? Which do you prefer and why? I haven't tried either but I've been hanging onto a Grand Edmundo for a special occasion smoke that I may just have to fire up soon, man does it look and smell delicious! Thanks for any input!

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
For me, the taste difference isn't worth the price difference.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Personally prefer the regular to the GE. Taste is subjective and the GE is one note and underwhelming. There's a reason why the are still readily available. I prefer the 4 over all the other Monte vitolas

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Thanks for the input guys, I was guessing I might get these kind of responses. I've also heard good things about the Monte 520 but it is a little pricey and the rg is larger than I prefer...

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I agree that the price difference doesn't warrant the LE to me. They are both great smokes, but I really enjoy the regular edmundo. They also have a petite edmundo as well that I have been told is good.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
The EL has a darker wrapper which gives it a unique taste vs the regular production Monte's. It's your call if the added price is worth it... The 2008 Monte Sublimes were available for a few years too, but now they are mostly all gone and the price from private sales have doubled. The 2010 EL's are readily available now, but you might regret not buying them a couple years down the road...

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'm not a real big fan of the LE10, but they are definitely different from the other sticks. If it's going to leave a lasting impression on the wallet, then skip them, if you're just interested in trying them, then buy. At the very least, they are good trading/gift sticks.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Easy...

If you prefer Maduros, get the GE. If you enjoy the classic Monte profile however - woody, coffee, nutty w/ a little spice.... save your money and get the Edmundo. It's a better cigar IMO & it's not close. Nothing "classic Monte" about any EL Montes I've ever smoked. I've tried em & just know what I prefer. So you may just need to do the same for yourself. Others that have recommended the petit Edmundo were right on as well. Its a great smoke but a little heavier in the woody/cedar characteristics than the Edmundo. I'd take the PE over them both...but that's JMO.

David C. Serna

Hasta la Victoria Siempre
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The EL has a darker wrapper which gives it a unique taste vs the regular production Monte's. It's your call if the added price is worth it... The 2008 Monte Sublimes were available for a few years too, but now they are mostly all gone and the price from private sales have doubled. The 2010 EL's are readily available now, but you might regret not buying them a couple years down the road...
I agree. I've had a few Edmundo Tubos and I liked them. My box of Grand Edmundo has a box date of Nov. '10, so I'm not touching them for awhile. Nonetheless I'm glad I got the box.