What's new

Montecristo Edmundo

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Named after Edmundo Dantes, hero of Alexandro Dumas' famous novel "The

Count of Montecristo", the Edmundo is the first size to be added to

Montecristo's standard range since 1971.

Size~5 3/8 X 52

I just smoked my last Edmundo last night on my porch and thought, time for another review. I think the look and feel of this cigar is Fantastic. It has a silky smooth deep dark rich looking wrapper. It's big and fat and spongy to the touch. They look so good it's no wonder it was my last one. I clipped the end and took a big pre light draw. so smooth and easy with a wonderfull flavor of mocha. After toasting the end and taking some light draws, I tasted a nice, sweet, woody flavor. Even with the light draws, huge amounts of smoke filled the air. This was going to be a good night! I sat and smoked this cigar for over an hour, enjoying every puff. Monte's are not one of my favorite cigars, I think the #2's are hit or miss, but I think the Edmundo will become one of my favorites. The aroma is the sweet smell of chocolate and the flavor is mixed with cedar, Vanilla, and toasted nuts. The ash is solid as cement and a lighter shade of grey. It's just a bit stronger than the monte#2 which to me is medium bodied at best. I could tell the cigar was still young, with just a hint of bitter grass flavor but nothing that took away from my enjoyment. The Edmundo is an excellent addition to the Monte line, I think the size is very appealing. I believe this cigar will proove to be very consistent. Though It was slightly one dimensional, after aging I expect this cigar will become a classic. I'm glad I have a box on the way.

I rate this cigar an 85 for it's new size, shape, and ease of draw. :applause:

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
nice review, i just ordered a box last night, the 3 pack a BOTL member sent me sealed the deal..

Slammer

arf arf
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I was gifted one of these and I could not believe how good it was. The draw was effortless but not so much that it burned hot and full of flavor. As soon as things get back to normal around here I am going to pick up a box of these.

Coppertop

Hi Ya Fellas
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
had one when they originally released......put the other 4 away. I smoked another prematurely, it was alright, but nothing mind blowing. Then I had one a few weeks ago that was fantastic......tasted just like you said. I have one left and then a 3 pack that was sent to me as a gift from a fellow BOTL. I'm going to let them sit a bit. Looks like Mr. Dantes will turn out alright after all. I had my initial doubts, but it just proves what a little age can do

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Coppertop said:
had one when they originally released......put the other 4 away. I smoked another prematurely, it was alright, but nothing mind blowing. Then I had one a few weeks ago that was fantastic......tasted just like you said. I have one left and then a 3 pack that was sent to me as a gift from a fellow BOTL. I'm going to let them sit a bit. Looks like Mr. Dantes will turn out alright after all. I had my initial doubts, but it just proves what a little age can do
you mean, "driftwood", right?