What's new

Month Of The Monsters

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I smoked a Krueger Saturday night for #38. I'm going to let the rest of mine sleep for a bit and revisit. Seems like with some rest they will be fantastic! Was still a tad harsh in the beginning.
Yesterday morning I watched my Bengals end in an unsatisfying tie while smoking a Skinny Face, Pudgy Tiff, full size Hyde and a Skinny Jason for #39, #40, #41 and #42.
October is almost over. One last night to go tonight.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
So this is my first year being aware of these.....where/ how do I find them?....are they all hype or something that should not be missed?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong with any of this since I'm not very knowledgeable with the beginning of the monster line.....but I'll give the info with what I know and what halfwheel has here....

Every year for the past few years, Tatuaje releases a new "monster" cigar. There are the "Unlucky 13" local B&M's which I believe are picked at random from across the US that get the split of 666 "dress" boxes of 10 cigars from that years release. These boxes become collector's items and can go for quite a bit of money (usually) on the secondary market (like eBay) if someone sells their stash and/or their dress box. You can get lucky though and sometimes get it for MSRP when said cigar was released. Patience and a lot of luck is key to that though. Google Tatuaje Dress Boxes and they should show up right away in the search to see previous years boxes. A decent supply of "non-dress" boxes do show up at a lot of local B&M's as well as some big name vendors.

Also, Tatuaje released the "skinny monsters" line which you can purchase as a set from previous years is a release of the past blends in a smaller vitola. At the IPCPR, Tatuaje released some of their skinny monster lines you can purchase a specific "monster" as well. I'm pretty sure my local B&M has (or had) them in stock at one of the shops. I haven't really looked for them when I was there which I'm kicking myself for now. But I still have some time.

So I'm assuming here when this thread was started in 2014 (before my time here), we basically smoke some (or all) of our stash of these cigars leading up to Halloween on the 31st.

This year, which I believe is the final year if I'm not mistaken, they're releasing "The Michael" for Michael Myers in Halloween.

Hopefully this gives you an understanding of it. And is it worth the chase? Well that's totally up to you. I'd say at least get yourself at least one if you can just to have some fun with us and join in when this gets going again.

Below are some links that might help give you an understanding and also a vendor who is showing the skinny monsters, "in stock" for the moment.....

Halfwheel link below shows previous years release and the amount of cigars that were made
http://halfwheel.com/collections/tatuaje-monster-series

Here's another vendor that has the cigar information and also a pre-order. I never ordered from them, just searched for this years release that google gave me.
https://regencycigar.com/cigars/tatuaje-limited-release/tatuaje-monster-series-the-michael-undressed-box-2798.html

....And the skinny monsters are showing "in stock" here....
https://www.cigar.com/p/tatuaje-skinny-monsters-sampler-box-samplers/1506489/

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Someone correct me if I'm wrong with any of this since I'm not very knowledgeable with the beginning of the monster line.....but I'll give the info with what I know and what halfwheel has here....

Every year for the past few years, Tatuaje releases a new "monster" cigar. There are the "Unlucky 13" local B&M's which I believe are picked at random from across the US that get the split of 666 "dress" boxes of 10 cigars from that years release. These boxes become collector's items and can go for quite a bit of money (usually) on the secondary market (like eBay) if someone sells their stash and/or their dress box. You can get lucky though and sometimes get it for MSRP when said cigar was released. Patience and a lot of luck is key to that though. Google Tatuaje Dress Boxes and they should show up right away in the search to see previous years boxes. A decent supply of "non-dress" boxes do show up at a lot of local B&M's as well as some big name vendors.

Also, Tatuaje released the "skinny monsters" line which you can purchase as a set from previous years is a release of the past blends in a smaller vitola. At the IPCPR, Tatuaje released some of their skinny monster lines you can purchase a specific "monster" as well. I'm pretty sure my local B&M has (or had) them in stock at one of the shops. I haven't really looked for them when I was there which I'm kicking myself for now. But I still have some time.

So I'm assuming here when this thread was started in 2014 (before my time here), we basically smoke some (or all) of our stash of these cigars leading up to Halloween on the 31st.

This year, which I believe is the final year if I'm not mistaken, they're releasing "The Michael" for Michael Myers in Halloween.

Hopefully this gives you an understanding of it. And is it worth the chase? Well that's totally up to you. I'd say at least get yourself at least one if you can just to have some fun with us and join in when this gets going again.

Below are some links that might help give you an understanding and also a vendor who is showing the skinny monsters, "in stock" for the moment.....

Halfwheel link below shows previous years release and the amount of cigars that were made
http://halfwheel.com/collections/tatuaje-monster-series

Here's another vendor that has the cigar information and also a pre-order. I never ordered from them, just searched for this years release that google gave me.
https://regencycigar.com/cigars/tatuaje-limited-release/tatuaje-monster-series-the-michael-undressed-box-2798.html

....And the skinny monsters are showing "in stock" here....
https://www.cigar.com/p/tatuaje-skinny-monsters-sampler-box-samplers/1506489/
Perfect rundown. The only monster I haven't enjoyed is Tiff.