What's new

More Stress-WTF?

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Yep, the stress level has risen.

Oldest daughter (16yrs) has told me that she now has a boyfriend. It's name is Jack. Didn't sleep at all last night.

I am very happy for her and hope that I don't have to travel any bad roads in this "relationship".

I told her I was happy for her and congrats. But I also mentioned that I will not put up and any shit. You lie, you lose.

So, wish me luck my friends. I think I am not going to enjoy this.

Now, where did I put my shotgun?

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Oh man, I can't imagine.

I think a nice man to man chat with the boyfriend might go along way. My father did that quite a bit with my two older sisters.

Good luck!

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Good luck my friend. Hope you don't have to castrate him. I'll be dealing with the same stress in about 13 years.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
First one shouldnt be an issue. It started here at age 14. My daughter had a couple of "boyfriends" that really didn't mean much, but alnong came jackass. This kid lied about everything and she fell in love with him. He then slept with another girl and broke her heart. Good news is I watched them like a hawk and they were never alone. I would pay my 7 year old to watch them. Long story short it was really tough on her. She failed a class and is now in summer school. She's 15 now and no boyfriend.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Big Question.

Was the boyfriend situation allowed?

Was this talked about before hand?

There will be strict rules and age limits in my home for dating.

My son can start at 14! My daughter 18!
JK

But I do think that 16 is about the right age depending on the boy/girl.

The last thing you want is for it to distract them from their schoolwork and learning.
That is the most important thing at this age. They are still sponges at this point and if they are filling their brains up with dreamy feelings for so and so then its an issue!

Luckily I have about 10 more years before I have to deal with this situation.
Good luck Bro!

End mini rant.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I'd say have a man to man discussion with the kid. Had a GF's father do that to me when I was about that age and my Dad did that for my sister's BF's.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
First time you meet him, be cleaning a shotgun. Make sure he sees you write his name on a shell, then put it up over the fireplace, for all to see. Makes a good point.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Seriously, I made a range-card of my entire front yard and made sure he saw my '42 Mosin-Nagant. It was perfectly clear to him that at 50 meters I can hammer nails in with that thing and that 7.62 x 54 will kill him deader than fried chicken.

It doesn't stop them.

Think about it... Would it have stopped you? (It wouldn't have stopped me).

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I got my first girlfriend when I was 16. The first time I met her dad he was a total push over. Nothing he said to anyone ever carried any weight and all his daughters talk over him like he was their little brother. That stuck with me and I was always sneaking around, spending the night, jumping out windows when the garage door started opening, etc. Meanwhile, her mom doesn't take any crap from anyone. It didn't stop me every time, but when I did sneak around and I thought she may catch me I feared for my life.

That was over 7 years ago. I'm marrying their daughter in a few months... :smile:

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Good luck. We're all dealing with this nonsense with my gf's 15yr old sister. Just dont be that parent that OVER does things (like my gf's parents). The tighter you grip sand the more it slips through your fingers. Be firm and strict but dont do anything above and beyond that could cause your daughter to rebel and resent you (like my gf's parents). From reading your previous posts it seems your daughters has a good head on her shoulders.

WORST CASE SCENERIO...I think there's more than a few BOTLers on here that would love to come visit for a HERF that coincides with a hand breaking if it comes to it.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Seriously, I made a range-card of my entire front yard and made sure he saw my '42 Mosin-Nagant. It was perfectly clear to him that at 50 meters I can hammer nails in with that thing and that 7.62 x 54 will kill him deader than fried chicken.

It doesn't stop them.

Think about it... Would it have stopped you? (It wouldn't have stopped me).
If my high school gf's father had been more intimidating, maybe.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
LOL good luck

Seriously, stay involved in her life. Keep lines of communication open and let her know she can talk to you about ANYTHING!. Dating is something that's been going on forever. Don't get emotional, make rules that are clear and simple. Enforce them and let her know you love her.