What's new

Motorcycle Theft!

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I got a rude awakening as I was about to go grocery shopping Saturday morning. It had appeared someone wheeled off the '69 Trail 90 that I had finished restoring. I thought it was a joke at first, but after a few phone calls, I discovered it was indeed stolen. I promptly called the police...who arrived two hours later after multiple calls.

Well, it was a head turner for sure, but the wrong heads turned apparently :hysterica

I received a call today from the police and was hoping it was found in a ditch or something, but they just wanted to know the approximate value :cursing: argh...

So, if you find yourself in Arizona and happen to come across a '69 Honda Trail 90 with a VIN of CT90216254, you've discovered my lost friend :'(

I'm trying to get the word out to as many as possible, probably half of Yuma knows by now, but my bet is that it's in 1000 pieces somewhere in Mexico already.:angerFU:

RIP little tiddler!

Attachments

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Man that sucks.. Sorry to hear about your loss.. Can't stand that people find a need to steal to get by in life and can't work hard like the rest of us.

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
That just really sux! To have something stolen is bad enough, but something that you have restored is just brutal. Really sorry to hear.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Sorry to hear that Eric, I wish you all the luck in the world that you find it my friend. I know if someone stole my Harley a dead person would be found somewhere!

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Wow -that pic brings back some fond memories for sure! I always wanted a Trail 90. One Saturday morning, my Dad took my brother and I to a town about 45 miles away that had a Honda shop. A couple of hours later, we were terrorizing the dirt roads of West Texas on a candy apple red Scrambler CL-100 ! Good Times!

Hope you get some good news soon!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Bro, condolences for losing a close friend. Though it won't be the same, hope the insurance money can get you another good candidate to restore.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Dude, there is nothing worse than having your pesonall property stolen that means so much to you. We had our Van stolen a couple years ago and after it was finely found with the dash ripped out, the steering column gone, and the the body damage, comming from the body shop and $4000 grand in payments it never felt like it was our van again. You really loose a since of security when something like that happens. Look for pawn shops and local bike collectors. I really hope you find it!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Definitely sucks. My brothers and I had a couple of those as kids. We really tore up the woods on those things. Sure hope you get it back

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I got a rude awakening as I was about to go grocery shopping Saturday morning. It had appeared someone wheeled off the '69 Trail 90 that I had finished restoring. I thought it was a joke at first, but after a few phone calls, I discovered it was indeed stolen. I promptly called the police...who arrived two hours later after multiple calls.

Well, it was a head turner for sure, but the wrong heads turned apparently :hysterica

I received a call today from the police and was hoping it was found in a ditch or something, but they just wanted to know the approximate value :cursing: argh...

So, if you find yourself in Arizona and happen to come across a '69 Honda Trail 90 with a VIN of CT90216254, you've discovered my lost friend :'(

I'm trying to get the word out to as many as possible, probably half of Yuma knows by now, but my bet is that it's in 1000 pieces somewhere in Mexico already.:angerFU:

RIP little tiddler!

If you catch the bastards send them to NY. I got a dimly lit room with a chair, rope, razor blade and lemon juice waiting for them.

:hammersma: :eyepoke: :stickbeat: