What's new

motoroal bluetooth headset

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
looking at finally getting one. current model I'm looking at is the motorola HS850

amazon link

is $66 plus shipping a good price, or are there better deals out there?

any owners that can lend first hand experience?

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I currently use it with my Motorola E815 cell phone. I have had great luck with it. It took me some time to get used to the boom tho. The sound quality is pretty good and it cancelles out back ground noise too. I have heard of a few people complaining about the volume not going high enough for them, I have not ran into that problem yet. It fits snug in my ear and never feels like its going to fall out. Its also a lite unit and doesn't create and soreness around the ear. One thing I really like is I can use my car charger for my cell phone to charge the headset too. Most Motorola cell phone and blue tooth itmes have the smae charger.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
a guy that hangs out at my local had one, but I didn't get a chance to ask him ti let me check it out. is there a noticeable lag between the time you pick up a call and when you actually hear/talk to the caller?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I like em, except for the constant need to recharge...that really sucks, its hard enough to remember to charge the phone.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have that very model and I love it. It's comfortable. The sound quality is great and I haven't noticed any lag time. My batteries seem to hold a charge forever. I rarely charge it but have never had it run down on me. With my phone (V710 I think) I can just push the button on the side of the headset and and after that it's all hands free whether I'm receiving a call or placing one. I've got name dial for numbers I already have in my book or I can just tell it digit dial and say what number I want to call. It's a great set-up.

Hambo

I'm Cigar-a-licious
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I too have a V710 and I had one of the older version of those headsets. I really like it, but the sound quality could be a little better. Hands/wire free talking is almost invaluable in driving and doing work around the house. I became one of blue-tooth's biggest fan's after being a regular user. Good luck.

Ryan

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
what other uses can you give the headset aside from coupling it with your cellphone? I think I have read you can use it with your laptop, but in what capacity...as a microphone?

I also have a pda that is bluetooth enabled. I'm still trying to figure out why a pda would need that.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I'm not sure about a headset and laptop but with pda and laptop you may be able to sync data on the two without having to jack them together. I used to sync my work pda with my home computer so I had the same files and email log on both. I had to use a docking port though since neither had wireless capability.
Also, could bluetooth on a pda maybe give you a way to receive email wirelessly?

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
my pda dell axim x50v or something like that has built-in wifi. I guess they threw the bluetooth on there to synch up with your computer, but I can do that through the dock.

I was thinking maybe it was there to synch with your phone, or yes perhaps use your cell phone as a modem in case you weren't near a hotspot.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
From mobileinfo.com:

Bluetooth can be used to wirelessly synchronize and transfer data among devices. Bluetooth can be thought of as a cable replacement technology. Typical uses include automatically synchronizing contact and calendar information among desktop, notebook and palmtop computers without connecting cables. Bluetooth can also be used to access a network or the Internet with a notebook computer by connecting wirelessly to a cellular phone.