Votes: 54 60.7%
  • The A Team

Votes: 26 29.2%

• Total voters

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I really hope Red Dawn doesn't suck, because I LOVE the original of that movie--it probably still defines party of my psyche to this day, lol.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I voted for Karate Kid. I just want to point out that technically A-team is not a remake. Its an adaptation of a tv show. I'm pretty sure there isn't an original A-Team movie out there. I could be wrong though.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
It's a shame I had to pick one. I think they will all be bad. Hollywood is full of no talent assclowns just trying to get paid for constant work.
I agree 90% if these so called actors can't act any better than you or me.

Like most of you guys, I voted for karate kid. After watching the pre views. I doubt I'll even watch it 2 years down the road when it's on TV for free.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
179   0   0
I should probably give Will Smith's kid a chance, but I have a hard time with 'watch my kid's movie because I make good movies'.

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Definitely think the Karate Kid will suck. Like others have said, Tron: Legacy isn't a remake...it is a sequel. And the A-Team is a adaptation. So there technically is only one remake on the list.

I have a hard time seeing Liam Neeson playing Hannibal in the trailers...but I do think Bradley Cooper could be a good Face.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Having spent much time in China, I'll enjoy the Karate Kid for the scenery alone. Actually the movie that will suck most is not on the list- Sex & The City II.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sick of the remakes as they are just a bad rendition with special effects to try and sell it that way with along with updated music. It's all about repackaging and selling the peripheral things associated with the movie. Music, toys, rentals, distribution rights etc. Karate Kid with Will Smiths kid...gimmee a break. I've got a dog with better acting skills.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
It just keeps getting worse....

Hollywood is creatively bankrupt. 75 remakes in 2010?

Some are Asian, some European, but most are picked right from Hollywood’s backyard. And here they are (check the sources at the end for descriptions).

13 Tzameti
A Nightmare On Elm Street
Akira
All Of Me
Angel Heart
Arthur
Back To School
Barbarella
Battle Royale
Brighton Rock
Captain Blood
Child’s Play
Clash of the Titans
Conan
Death at a Funeral
Death Wish
Dune
Escape From New York
Fahrenheit 451
Fantastic Voyage
Flash Gordon
Footloose
Forbidden Planet
Frankenweenie
Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Hellraiser
High and Low
Highlander
Howard Stern’s Porky’s
I Spit on Your Grave
Knight Rider
Last Tango In Paris
Logan’s Run
Meatballs
Metropolis
My Fair Lady
Near Dark
Oldboy
Piranha
Poltergeist
Rashomon
Red Dawn
Red Sonja
Romancing The Stone
Rosemary’s Baby
Sharky’s Machine
Short Circuit
Starfighter (been informed it’s a sequel)
Straw Dogs
Sunset Boulevard
Sympathy For Lady Vengeance
The Birds
The Blob
The Crazies
The Dirty Dozen
The Evil Dead
The Host
The Illustrated Man
The Incredible Shrinking Man
The Jetsons
The Karate Kid
The Lives Of Others
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Shadow
The Star Chamber
The Stepfather
The Swarm
The Thing
The Warriors
The Witches
They Live
TRON (been informed it’s a sequel)
Westworld
When Worlds Collide

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
To be fair, weren't the people in the original fairly unheard of at the time?
I do believe it was the movie debut for Charlies Sheen, but Powers Booth had made quite a few movies and people knew Patrick Swayze and C. Thomas Howell from "The Outsiders!"

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Karate Kid. One tip-off: Jackie Chan's teaching Will Smith's kid kung-fu in a movie with karate in the title....
To be fair the original karate kid had a lot of kung-fu going on in it

Karate Kid will be worst

The A-Team was always a b-show show not to be taken seriously so that has the most potential for being a great tribute

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
To be fair the original karate kid had a lot of kung-fu going on in it

Yeah but Mr. Miyagi never says, "I'm going to teach you kung fu." Or at least that's what Jackie Chan says in the trailer.

Yes, creatively bankrupt––the recent rash of remakes, sequels, and adaptations, though, operates like Hollywood's star system has: invest money on a project with a pre-established fanbase or cult following and the studios lessen the risks of losing money. Anything (or anyone) with an iconographic status or that has proven itself lucrative at the box office and dvd/blu-ray rentals and sales is not much of a gamble. The remakes and adaptations also seem to play into people's nostalgia and adds to the escapism that characterizes a lot of Hollywood's films already, esp. now with so many people hurting financially––why not go to the movies and flee life for a few hours while reminiscing to yourself and your friends about "the good ol' days" (whatever that means)?