What's new

Movies You've Just Watched

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I watched Cellular recently. Eh is what I give it. Kept me entertained but no where near what I would call a movie.

Then I watched the Truman Show again. I always liked that movie.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
A couple of movies i saw recently

The Jacket - Starts out a little slow, but great story line once it gets going IMO. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

House of Flying Daggers - Similar style to Crouching Tiger (which i thought was excellent), but too slow moving. Story line was ok.

The Life Aquatic - I was a huge fan of Royal Tannebuams so i had high hopes for this, but is was a dud.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We get Netflix, so we probably watch 5-8 movies a week. The last few were very good-

Gunner Palace (A must-watch)

Swimming Upstream (big Geoffrey Rush fan and he was excellent)

Fever Pitch (Go Sox!!)

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I just watched "The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior" that I got from NetFlix. Pretty good watch. Never knew the whole story about what happened to him.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Last DVD I watched was Episode III...which just so happens to be the last movie I watched in the theater as well.

It was much more enjoyable in my basement HT than in the theater. :thumbsup:

Rutkus

Newb Puke
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Sin City - Badass movie, kinda crazy, if you like Tarantino movies you'll like this one I purchased it.

The Ring 2 - so-so, rentable but thats about it. pretty predictable and not too scary though my gf begged to differ.

A hitchhikers guide to the galaxy - this was a pretty damn entertaining movie, I thoroughly enjoyed it and may consider purchasing it. I've never read the book but from the people I spoke to who had read the book, they said this was pretty right on.

Hero - if you liked house of flying daggers you'll like this one same type of "crouching tiger hidden dragon" movie with excellent special effects and stunts.

Saw II - I have a twisted sense of humor and I like the strange twists at the end so i did enjoy that one. Very disturbing movie like se7en kicked up a few notches.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Rutkus said:
Hero - if you liked house of flying daggers you'll like this one same type of "crouching tiger hidden dragon" movie with excellent special effects and stunts.
I liked Hero much better than Flying daggers, it was a good movie.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I watched Batman Begins again... I like it entertaining
Kingdom of Heaven.... if you enjoyed Gladiator then you will most likely enjoy this one as well

Rutkus

Newb Puke
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
oh yeah, how could i have forgotten about batman begins, that is the best of the batman series IMO. worthy of purchasing.

Saw II picked up where Saw I left off, also left it WIDE open for a Saw III. very similar in the "lets play a game" plot as the first one with a nice twist at the end. everyone is locked in a reinforced, boobie trapped house and they have to get out by using each other, as they go through they find "challenges" tailored from their past. if you liked the first one you'll deffinately like the second one, it didn't fall short like most sequels do. a couple of parts made me cringe a bit and that is saying alot.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I've heard a lot of good things about Saw, its on my list to see. Problem is the wifey no likey scary movies so every time i try to rent it, i get denied.

But it think Saw is on demand now, i'll try to catch it then.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yes, I definetly think Batman Begins is the best of the series....

I am waiting to see Saw 2, most likely sometime in the next few weeks...

I also watched Suicide Kings the other night, not bad but not to great either...

Cellular, yea it was ok, i bought it for $1.25 on ebay and that is about the max that it is worth...