What's new

Moving to Manhattan Beach!

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Finalizing the process but it looks like I'll be moving out to Manhattan Beach. First step post-move will be buying a beach cruiser.

Second step is a cigar lounge. Any of the SoCal BOTLs have recommendations for places to enjoy a cigar - either outside in an open space, patio, or at a lounge/B&M? I know CA laws are brutal so I'll have to spend some time researching.

Also, any thoughts on a place where I can host a quarterly work function with cigars (get together of colleagues)? There is a cigar shop in Phoenix that has a members' lounge in the back that I've used, would be perfect to find something similar in Manhattan Beach.

If not Manhattan Beach, any other areas you can recommend? I've only been to Buena Vista Cigar Club (Rigo's spot), which is close to my office (which is in Century City). If I could find a place to host an event near Century City that would work as well, maybe Santa Monica too as some guys live there.

Appreciate any help! Looking forward to getting together with everyone (noticed Clint's post on the next beach herf, looking forward to making one finally!).

-Matt

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I'm not far from there, but not close enough to have details about the local hang outs. Bo's cigar lounge in Torrance is nice.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Congrats on the move Matt! I definitely miss the SoCal beaches as I lived there for a couple years and still have plenty of friends in Manhattan and Redondo Beach area. Can't help you on cigar spots, but just wanted to say congrats and enjoy that boardwalk!

My wife and I were visiting friends in MB a few years back and did a long run north of MB on the boardwalk... I saw this tall lanky dude "running" towards us. He got closer and I had to do a double-take then finally nodded "hi" as we ran past each other. We eventually turned around and saw the tall ass dude coming back towards us again. This time I said hi and he was nice back to us, but we kept going. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was actually jogging down the walk!?! Just looked odd this old 7'er stumbling down the walk... LOL

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Can't help you on lounges, but just wanted to say "welcome to the best coast." If you ever find yourself lost and smokeless in San Diego, let me know...