What's new

Moving to San Antonio

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
OK Gents, potentially gonna be moving to San Antonio in a few months. I've spent one drunken night there and experienced the river walk and a few too many good margaritas. Anyone know the good areas of town to look in for a place to live? I'll be traveling south to Cotulla on 35 quite frequently, but commute time and efficiency won't be a major concern, however, would like to stay away from the north east part of the city for that very reason...it's the opposite side of the city from where I need to go.

Anyone have any incite?

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Congrats on the move, you can't beat it here...I'm on the outskirts (and that is where I'll recommend you look I'm about 20 min from anywhere in SA or downtown...OP I see where you said no to NE side and I don't blame you if your travels are 35 south there is always a few hiccups that can't be avoided (selma, 3009, I35 and 410 etc).......they opened an In and Out burger on the NW side of SA and its booming bro, cheap houses, location isn't bad etc....good luck....
stay away from stone oak and 10 and medical if you hate traffic FWIW

I'm not biased at all when I say shoot for the NE side haha.....either way bro good luck and LMK when you arrive, we can ash one or two

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I see what you're saying there about the NE side...Cibolo. Does anyone even live there?? All I see is just about every house for sale

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I see what you're saying there about the NE side...Cibolo. Does anyone even live there?? All I see is just about every house for sale
Bunch of us live out here! I grew up in Converse.....I choose this side of town any day of the week....less hectic, people are more relaxed, I'm not AS on edge watching my back type of thing....its very family oriented and relaxed

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Was recently there for a seminar. While I wouldn't know where to go to look for a house, I do know the Humidor in the Menger Hotel is a nice place. Kinda small with a small humidor but Stephen Hernandez, the store manager, is the most helpful and friendly guy in San Antonio. Spent 4 evenings in there puffing away.

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
Almost moved there a couple of years ago and we looked all over but liked the north side past the loop. Lots of very nice homes for not much $$$. Great city.