What's new

moving up to full bodied cigar... recommendations?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alright fellas, I've tried a decent variety of mild to medium cigars and enjoyed them. Among others I've enjoyed:
(ashton maduros; fuente chateaus, hemmingways, woans; torano silvers and casa toranos; 5 vegas golds; royal jamaicas; cusano 18; RP edge lites; Olivia serie G)

but now I feel like it's time to see what these full bodied cigars are all about...

So if I told you that I seem to enjoy cigars described as smooth, rich, creamy et. all, and shy away from those with a really peppery spicey type flavor, what types of full bodied cigars would you recommend I start out with?

Or are those flavor characteristics I described mutually exclusive with a "full bodied" cigar??

Thanks!

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Try Patel Edges and Joya de Nicaragua Antanos. Let us know what you think. I prefer them in maduro wrappers, but YMMV.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I see that you were enjoying the 5 vegas golds, try the 5 vegas series A. You might like that.

Even though you say you want to try to stay away from the peppery spicey type flavor, if you really want a good full bodied cigar the one that jumps to mind would be the camacho corojo, these are very good. PM me if you are interested.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
You mention two Toranos, Definately try the Torano Signature series. One of, if not THE best cigar in their lineup. IMHO of course.

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I also have bee smoking full bodied cigars,

The Edge, Rocky Patel
and I gotta say, even the edge counterfeit are pretty damn good, I always keep a box around.

Tatuaje, any really, but I LOVE them so much, yummy.
Pepin Blue and black, but the JJ's are good as well. I would even say in that order.

I did like the Coronado by La Flor, pretty good cigar as well

La Flor Dominicana, very good as well.

Still love the 64 padrons, though not that strong as the others.

If I had to pick one right now, it would be a Tatuaje, matter of fact, that's what I'll do right now:widemouth

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Alright fellas, I've tried a decent variety of mild to medium cigars and enjoyed them. Among others I've enjoyed:
(ashton maduros; fuente chateaus, hemmingways, woans; torano silvers and casa toranos; 5 vegas golds; royal jamaicas; cusano 18; RP edge lites; Olivia serie G)
You might want to start out trying the stronger / medium to full bodied lines in the same brands you already enjoy ...

Ashton VSG
Fuente Anejo + OpusX
Torano Exodus Gold + Signature
5 Vegas Series A + Cask Strength
Cusano Curojo
RP Edge
Oliva Master Blends 3

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
IMO...try:

-Padron 1964, fantastic...just expensive..
-Pardon 3000 Maduro, tons of flavor and an easy draw
-Torano gold, like the silver its a great stick, great price, just a little "fuller" imo.
-Gurkha Doble maduro or Gurkha master select, Gurkha Gangis Kahn, Gurkha legend, Gurkha regent....full and tasty

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool, thanks for all the help!

I have a CAO Brazillia, a DC Maximus and a padron '64 & '26 sitting in the humi, so those will get tried in the near future....

But now I have some more to add to my next purchase!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Ashston VSG is a great choice
La Pearla Habana Black Pearl Rojo
Rocky Patel Edge
Cusano 18 Paired Maduro