What's new

MRN Book

Bruce5

--
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Mr.OneNineDoubleDeuce said:
If anyone knows where to land a copy or two, I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction via a pm.

Thank you.
Buy it asap.
I read mine every day.
Could almost keep it under my arm while sleeping.

Mr.OneNineDoubleDeuce

The Machine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prince..

Gone at that location..another location has it for almost 200 shipped. A little steep, but I'll keep looking. At this point, I'll even buy a used one if possible.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Folks, is there a link somewhere to see what this book is all about? I'd love to get this as a gift from someone in the family but can't seem to find anything to point them to. Or is this something that has to be gotten through "a friend of a friend"?

I've never seen a book that is so popular and seems to have sold so many copies that is so hard to find! LOL Is it not sold retail?

If what I'm asking is inappropriate please pm me.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A couple of PMs sent

This is a great book. The pictures alone, without the tasting notes, are worth the cost. Sadly, last I heard, the book was out of print. It was a small run in the first place, and, given the printing costs, unlikey to be another run.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I got mine a few months ago and really have not read it all that much with school and everything but i definetly look forward to digging into it soon.....;

Mark (N2Adventure) did a group buy here and on CW a few months ago so apparently he has a source for them but i am not sure....

I also have not seen him around in a month or so......

Shoot him a pm....

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
That's what's so weird. Whenever I've found it (and I've found it online in a couple places now) the prices have been staggering in their difference. Anywhere from the $85 above or so up to over $200! Just for clarification, the book itself is not a Cuban product, correct?

Thanks to Ntron for the PMs and everyone else for the responses.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Yeah, it is not made in Cuba.

The book is an Encyclopedia. It is setup in alphabetical order, from brands to cigar terms. Each brand has an introduction of the brands history and progresses into a listing of all vitolas available at the time of printing. Any of the ones the author has sampled have tasting notes. The coolest part, as mentioned above, is the pictures of the cigars, which are to scale.

JW, do you want to borrow mine for a while?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Wasch, that is an awesome gesture bro. I really appreciate it. I'm going to see if I can wrangle a copy from someone in the family as a gift first, but I may take you up on that at some point if the offer is still open.

True brotherhood, and shows perfectly why this gentleman (and I stress that) was the first B.O.M. ever, folks.

Mr.OneNineDoubleDeuce

The Machine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ntron..thanks for the pm..but that place has it for 200 bucks..I'm going to keep looking a little more and see if I find another place...If not, then I'll hit that spot up.

Thanks for the pm though..I know that place well.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
1922, I'll try to shoot you a PM tonight with the place I found. I don't know what the exchange rate for GB is but assuming it's not exactly double (and even if it is) it was much less than $200. I know nothing about the vendor I'll be sending so buyer-beware.

Slammer

arf arf
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If the book is not printed in Cuba why is it that it can't be bought here in the states. Is it just because it is about Cuban cigars?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I don't think it "can't" be bought in the states as far as legality is concerned, I just don't think it was marketed here Slammer. Would have been kind of funny watching a book like that hit the top of the best seller list and seeing "the Man" go, WTF??? LOL

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
that would be nice.... Pretty damn funny as well..... i will be reading mine a lot this weekend being laid up in bed and all not being able to move....

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Jwrussell said:
I don't think it "can't" be bought in the states as far as legality is concerned, I just don't think it was marketed here Slammer. Would have been kind of funny watching a book like that hit the top of the best seller list and seeing "the Man" go, WTF??? LOL
Like our government would really care ...

Out of curosity, I went to Amazon.com and searched for:

1. "Heroin" ... 21,507 matches. The most popular is the "Heroin Users Handbook"

2. "Cocaine" ... 28,380 matches.

3. "Liquor" ... 61,730 matches

4. "Prostitution" ... only 665 matches (I guess people are too drunk and stoned)

5. "Cuban Cigars" ... 20 matches