What's new

Multiple 'gars

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Well the w/w/o drinks and pairings threads took a turn into palate cleansing and flavor blending that lead me this question.

I'm not usually one to smoke multiple sticks In a sitting. One good burn is usually good for me. I've done more than one a couple of occasions and the whole time I wondered how it would taste had I not smoked the other one. So my question is what is the method to the madness for those that smoke multiple brands sizes strengths types etc. in one sitting? Is there a particular order strong to mild mild to strong? Is that a pairing In itself this stick then that one? Or just cleanse and keep smokin? Etc.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Im usually more than satisfied after one smoke. The only time ill go back to back is at an event or herf but I certainly won't go crazy with my second or third smoke knowing that I probably won't get the full flavor experience from it. In those cases I usually start mild and work up if I know ahead that ill be having a few.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I used to plan mildest to strongest. Not so much anymore. I still tend toward mild in mornings, however, I don't pay too much attention to sequencing anymore. Except that I will generally not reach for the strongest stick in the traveldor if I expect to have one or more after that. The Fausto or LG or LFD DL, etc. will generally be picked when I think its going to be final cigar of that day.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Smoke whatever you want, allowing for exceptions like Dave mentioned above. Worrying about how the first smoke will affect the second and so forth would bug all the enjoyment right out of me. So rinse with whatever your drinking and keep smoking would be my choice.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
I usually will smoke my best smoke of the day first and if I'm smoking another one shortly after I will go for a milder stick so I don't get sick. I will try to cleanse my palate with whatever is available to me at that time, but I don't have any special routine or rules

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
most of the time I only smoke one stick a day.. only once or twice a week do I have enough time to get 2 or more in, in a single day..

when I do.. I normally start out pretty mild in the morning... and then will go with "whatever" in the afternoon or evening..

I probably havent smoked 2 sticks back to back more than a handfull of times in my life...

although sometimes when hitting one of those big AJ Fernandez 7 1/2" x 58 salamones.. I feel like Ive smoked 3 or 4 cigars in one sitting..

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
For me, personally in a normal day setting I find myself smoking only 1 cigar per sitting. That is unless I turn Neptune Cigars into my office for the day, where I tend to smoke several cigars over a period of time.

Having gave up drinking about 3 years ago, I have found myself smoking cigars while either drinking water, an energy drink, coffee or a sprite. Early in the day I tend to go with medium cigars, unless its the morning and ill go for a mild stick. Once night time rolls around I try to have one of my fullest stronger cigars right before bed, for some reason I have always found it to be a great night cap for me.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I rarely have one but don't have one everyday.

Just go with what I'm feeling like and never worry about mild/medium/full.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
If I smoke more than 1 cigar a day, I usually I try and smoke the same brand. When I leave in the am, I take 3 cigars with me, 2 of the same and 1 very mild smoke. I drink a lot of water every day so that is how I cleanse my palate throughout the day.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I go for my best cigar first, so I can get maximum enjoyment out of it. I VERY rarely smoke another cigar immediately, but will often have another one in 2 hours or so. When I do, I go for something with more body than the first one.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I go for my best cigar first, so I can get maximum enjoyment out of it. I VERY rarely smoke another cigar immediately, but will often have another one in 2 hours or so. When I do, I go for something with more body than the first one.
This method works for me as well.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I smoke back to back alot. The first cigar must be the better of the two without a doubt. I don't smoke anything in the Mild-med range only Med-full so for me it's more about the first cigar and not the strength.