What's new

Multiple same-blend vitolas

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
This has always intrigued me...

Why don't habanos have multiple vitolas of the same-blend? While some of the different marquees have a smiliar blend within a brand, they generally don't have same-blends like domestics.

However, I do believe this is something that makes habanos more attractive than anything. You can try out an entire cuban brand's lineup without have to try one of each vitola of the same blend to suit your tastes like you would with a domestic brand's brand. You either like a Partagas Short or you don't and can move on with the rest of the lineup with a little peace of mind.

More thoughts to come since it's hard to explain - or I'm just crazy... heh

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I'm following you Eric, I think. If you like the Monte 2 in the figurado vitola you don't have to run around in circles wondering if you would like a Monte 2 PC because they are different blends.

As opposed to say liking a Davidoff Gran Cru #2 and wondering how much, if any, different the Gran Cru #5 will taste because they have the same blend just different size.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I can follow also in a way, kind of like being able to get a king sized Snickers bar. You know it is going to have the same flavor as the regular size one, just last longer.

I would love to have a Party Short or a Mag46 that would last me an hour and a half or two hours if I chose.

On the flip side, the blends add more depth to the variety of the respective brands. For someone like me who doesn't buy all that many cigars, it adds a lot of guess work to my purchases. At some point when I have tried more cigars and am smarter about the different blends, it won't be much of an issue for me, I guess.