What's new

Music streaming

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Can anyone recommend a network storage drive.

Ive searched through various websites where the experts rave about products and a couple of users say they are crap.

So im looking for a 2tb drive to hold music initially so I stream it to my sound system using a chrome cast stick. Eventually a few sonus speajers will be added too.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have a friend with an office and they have an XP workgroup. I set up a NAS solution. It's Lynksys NSLU2. You plug it into your switch/router and config it via an HTTP admin page. Pretty much just like you'd set up an access point. So it's a file server about the size of a DSL modem. It has 2 usb and ( the one I had set up also had 1 firewire port.) That's where you plug in any portable USB drive of your choice..You buy that separately. They have an Iomega 1/2 TB. I know nothing of chrome cast and so for what your doing I may be off base. But this is NAS and has been serving serving files to 4 users in a small office for at least 5 years. I think the ext drive needed a power adapter replaced last year that's about it.

Last edited: