What's new

Musings of a smoke filled mind

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello All,

Now is an extremely happy and busy time for me. I have a new child on the way (daughter due December 25), I am trying to put a private practice together, and I am building the foundation for an import/export company. Now this may sound crazy, but for me this is regular life.

The only real impediment to my lifestyle, due to the increase in activity, is my ability to smoke cigars. I usually go to my favorite smoke shop in the morning and have a coffee, a stick, and great conversation. Due to my time crunch, I am finding that I am moving more into a storage and collection mode than my usual smoke 5-7 a day. I love everything that is cigar, however, since I am moving closer to storage than consumption for the moment, I figured that I might find some help in this department. After looking through multiple sites, I am most happy and comfortable with this one: SO HERE I AM!

I look forward to may hours of learning, teaching, trading, and the general banter from the "Brothers of the Leaf"!

Thanks

P.S. - I also love timepieces, tabletop games, and collecting and restoring old Range Rovers

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
tedski,

I usually smoke 2 petite coronas for breakfast, 2-3 robustos for lunch, then 1 or 2 heavy figurados after dinner. I smoke plenty. but I had my first cigar with my grandad in Jamaica at about 15 and I am now 32. I just developed a toungue that likes smoke:smokingbo

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Actually, I just have a problem. Before I got married, I could easily spend $1500 a month on cigars. While I have been remediated, I find that part of the reason why I seek my own company is to try to expense my "habit". I can still easily buy 2-3 boxes a month if I am allowed. But, I think that the little one will change this quickly.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
David,

I don't know your house rules, but I can't smoke in the house. Being as its winter, I am pretty much screwed outdoors. How did you deal with your cigar fix or was it not a problem.

A good friend (who smokes like me) said that the first couple of months were hell!

What was your experience?

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
elric ... it's nice to have memories like that.

I never met either of my grandfathers and I didn't even try a cigar until I was 36. My smoking varies with the outdoor temps (I also don't smoke in my house) and rarely exceeds 5-7 per week. I know my tastebuds enjoy smoke - but only in small doses.