What's new

Must Resist....................

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I am pretty level headed when it comes to online auctions (ebay, yahoo, etc) . I check out what I want and bid and hopefully I win! Lately I have been on a auction spree on CBid! I picked up 3 boxes and a nice 10 pack over the last 2 weeks. The prices I paid were well under retail, so I made out good, but Christmas is right around the corner :santa2: It does not help when they send emails on auctions and hot deals and they usually have 100-250 boxes up for auction which means your odds of winning are increased!
I'm sure others have faced and are facing the same urges :grin:
I must resist the urges and voices in my head and focus on Christmas, its a time for giving isn't it????????????????????
Bad CBid, Bad CBid :devil:

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Resistance to the Devil is futile! There is only one cure to the devils influence ... Say it loud, brothers ... "Cuba", and even that only got me away from the devil because I am less than broke.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Auctions !

These are just to easy to get caught up in.

Wait to you trip over to the darkside. You will never find your way out !

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
satan and santa have the same letters, coincidence?

I only buy samplers and fivers from cbid, and always underbid what they sell them for on cigarsinternational

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
john tripp said:
Cigarbid is a wholly owned subsiderary of Satancorp.
LMAO!

I never got sucked into cbid. I've bought some stuff but never went crazy.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've been there but have not been compelled to bid on anything.

Now, if there were an auction site for Habanos... then I would be in serious trouble.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Seamus said:
I've been there but have not been compelled to bid on anything.

Now, if there were an auction site for Habanos... then I would be in serious trouble.

Let's all imagine that the Embargo has been lifted and Habano's are now legal. I wonder how CBid would handle that? Would they be able to auction off 5'ers?

Hmmmmmmmm....

I've seen $12 cigars go for $30, $185 boxes go for $260...I wonder what a box of SigII's would end up costing on CBid....hypothetically

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
indyrob said:
Let's all imagine that the Embargo has been lifted and Habano's are now legal. I wonder how CBid would handle that? Would they be able to auction off 5'ers?

Hmmmmmmmm....

I've seen $12 cigars go for $30, $185 boxes go for $260...I wonder what a box of SigII's would end up costing on CBid....hypothetically

How about a box of Sublimes? Let's all hope the embargo stays.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
indyrob said:

Hmmmmmmmm....

hmm but ive gotten $12 cigars for $4, so I bet there would be good deals to be had somwhere if you are patient

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
yea with patience there are good deals.. but people get caught up in the bidding process and that is how everybody makes there money....

I have made maybe 5 purchases on CBID years ago and 4 of the 5 were below MSRP and the 5th was something that i could not find near me....

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
As mentioned, I have seen people pay WAY more than retail for items because they were caught up in the auction frenzy. In the past few weeks I have just put in one bid for each auction. I usually partake in the auctions that have 100-200 boxes available. I put in my bid and managed to win at my price. I have stopped visitng CBid for awhile since my coolerdor is nearing capacity! I did save about $100.00 on the boxes and sampler I won. Thats $100.00 off all internet retails not B&M retails which makes me feel a bit better :devil: Patience will sometimes yield good deals :applause:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
If you do use cbid, you have to look at the retail price at CI and set a limit.