What's new

Must-see Chicago-area Shops

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi guys, been awhile since I've been on, but right now I am in Skokie until tomorrow night, and have nothing to do but shop-hop. I've been to quite a few shops around the city before, i.e. casa de montecristo, the humidor (westmont), etc, so I have seen a little bit, looking to explore the area cigar-wise a little bit more. Plan on hitting up as many places as I can, just looking for some BOTL suggestions on where to go, google is only so helpful sometimes, haha. So if you guys have any recommendations, that would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

Also, any chicago area Brothers looking to meet up, I have a vehicle and the willingness, all I need is a time and an address and I'll be there. Would love to get to know you guys in person if anyone has time!

Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
There is up/down tobacco in old town, Iwan Ries downtown and Tesa, those are where my buddies shop. I'm from Chicago but live in Indy now, but have fun checking those out!!!

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Don't forget Jack Schwartz...downtown in the Board of Trade building. Their spot just finished a remodel...looks a little roomier than what it had been. Great people there! Only open til 5pm (M-F) though.

Casa is a must! Up Down too...LIL outdoor patio to smoke on too.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree Casa is a must visit. I always stop in there when in town. Iwan and Updown are also really good. One I've been two is Cigar King of Skokie. It isn't great on selection or appearances, but it has a very worn in, comfortable feel that is unique.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Since you have already been to Casa, I would second the suggestions of Cigar King in Skokie and UpDown in the city. UpDown has a small smoking patio in back, weather is nice, and you can discreetly bring your own booze if inclined.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great suggestions guys! Stopped at casa first for a few specific sticks, downstairs there right now. On my way in about 15 min to stop at the humidor in westmont (they have one specific cigar i want that isn't a resale/production cigar that you can only get there). Might finish up the evening in skokie at cogar king since thats where i am staying. If anyone wants to herf tho this afternoon/tomight PM me, i have no concrete plans and have my vehicle. Hopefully I plan to hit up the places in the city proper tomorrow!