What's new

"Must Try" CCs?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
All this talk of ending the Cuban Embargo has got me thinking:

Let's imagine you are in the perfect fully-stocked humidor and Habanos are now legal.

You run across an Habanos noob who is looking to pick up a few sticks to try, what do you pick out for him/her? Since the person is a noob, let's assume budget is a primary issue and so shy away from the uber-expensive, limited editions, extensively aged sticks, etc. (Let's also assume they are legitimate sticks and not counterfeits).

So, TO YOU what are the most must try Habanos for the noob?

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
[ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=22487"]BOTL Cigar Forums - Brothers of the Leaf[/ame]

It is a list I once started here and then there was some voting between two lists leaving the one there as a winner. I'd love to remove the poll now, though.

Last edited:

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Haven't had that many but the RyJ Short Churchill that Moro gifted me was perhaps one the best cigars I have EVER had.

In fact, Moro, PM sent.

Rating - 94.4%
20   1   1
Haven't had that many but the RyJ Short Churchill that Moro gifted me was perhaps one the best cigars I have EVER had.

In fact, Moro, PM sent.

I agreee with you on this!! AJ gave me the one that I got but it was awesome!!! Best smoke to date!!!

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I think to just come up with a list of a couple of cigars isn't really productive. I think it all depends on the size you prefer. To me, the absolute must try cigars are Upmann Sir Winston's and RyJ Churchill's. Some people don't like cigars of that size as they take a long time to smoke. So here are some choices I would suggest in various size groups. I'll just kind of do small, medium, large and figurado.

Small cigars: Monte 4, Partagas Short, Bolivar PC and PLPC

Medium cigars: Bolivar Royal Corona, ERdM Choix Supreme, Punch Punch, Cohiba Robusto

Large cigars: Sir Winston (what else) RyJ Churchill, Trinidad Fundadore, Rafael Gonzales Coronas Extra

Figurado: Monte 2, Upmann 2, Bolivar Belicosos Finos

These are my suggestions. Some would agree, some would say WTF. It's all opinion. But if I were asked what you've GOT to try, these would by my suggestions.