What's new

'Must try' cigars?

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
As a relative noob I've been trying as many different cigars as I can and am interested in which cigars people consider a must try.

Don't worry, I'm not gonna go out and buy em all today, just curious to hear your thoughts/opinions.

My apologies if a similar thread already exists, I couldn't find one.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Liga Pirvada: T52, #9, Dirty Rat
MUWAT Baitfish
AF: Anejo, OpusX
Tatuaje; TAA, El Triunfador #6, PCR, Havana VI Angeles... Actually just try any tatuaje priced over $5 (not a fan of the series P)
Viaje: Skull and Bones (besides this years release)

There's so much more, but it's early and I can't think straight yet. Should be a good start to a must try list though

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
IMO... and to add to Mickey's list...

Don 'Pepin' Garcia Blue
Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Limited Edition
La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor
La Aurora Preferidos and Puro Vintage
My Father Le Bijou
Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve
Guillermo Leon

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thus far all good recommendations.

If you enjoy full flavored rich Nicaraguan smokes then the Padron 1964 Anv or 1926 Serie are a must try.

On the medium bodied side give the La Aroma de Cuba EE No 2 a try with coffee.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
One that I would love to try, but will probably never get the chance, is a Cohiba 1966 Limited Edition.

Aside from that, I can agree with darn near everything already listed here.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
all good lists, and feel someone should add the illusione lines, especially the epernay series.

and please, DEAR GOD, do not go all "keeping up with the joneses", you will go broke. even people who smoke professionally (lucky bastards) have a hard time keeping up. you don't have to know it all here, just know how to enjoy them!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Some excellent suggestions here. I'll add La Flor Dominicana (LFD) / Lito Gomez cigars in general. Along with Fuente, the best cigars that the DR have to offer, imvho.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the Illusione Epernay and Litto Gomez/La Flor Dominicana recommendations. Make sure you have a full stomach before you smoke a LFD cigar!!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would simply tell you to find what profiles you enjoy and seek those out from the different manufacturers. Otherwise you'll have a humidor full of cigars that you'll find that you're not crazy about with a substantially lighter wallet to show for it. Don't ask me how I know.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
The Ortega Serie D and Chaveta are both very good and should be included in the list. Padron 3000 maduro is a no brainer.

Also, try any Pinar Del Rio you can find... They are very good and a real bargain.

EPC Cigars are good through the entire line... Some very different cigars in that line so there are sure to be some you'll like.

On the higher end the Litto Gomez Diez is a great cigar.

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey fady. You live in australia. For all intents and purposes you'll be smoking cubans. The cigars here probably will be expensive as all hell over there. Im going to send you a pm. It'll help you get started.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hey fady. You live in australia. For all intents and purposes you'll be smoking cubans. The cigars here probably will be expensive as all hell over there. Im going to send you a pm. It'll help you get started.
Thanks Marc, cigars are very expensive and hard to get here so it's much appreciated.

I might also check out the trade section when I get access.

Thanks to Hasan and the newb trade thread I've already got my hands on a few of the suggestions :).

Thanks for the input so far, any more CC must trys?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for the input so far, any more CC must trys?
Hmm CC must trys hey…

For shorter smokes I’m partial to Partagas Shorts, Montecristo Petit Edmundo (I enjoy these more than the Edmundo, but I’ve also had more PE and Edmundo’s), and San Cristobal de la Habana El Principe.

Robusto size give the Partagas Serie D No.4, Ramon Allones Specially Selected (haven’t had too many of these yet), and Cohiba Robusto a go.

Some others to take a look at are:
H. Upmann Magnum 46
Hoyo de Monterry Epicure Especial (my favourite Epicure, but their all good)
Montecristo No.2 (consistency for these can be a little off but when you get a good one their great)

My favourite cigar is probably the Partagas 898 so give that a go as well.

I’m yet to work my way through the Boliva marca but there’s a lot of love out there for it.

Definitely feel your pain on the cigar cost/availability in Australia.