What's new

Mustache March...fun at work

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
So at work we have silly games we play and things we do to make life a little more entertaining here.

It just so happens that this month is march and we're TRYING to grow a mustache. Some of us are better at it than others. Some quit participating because they could count the hair on their lip. Though I'm of Italian descent, I have very little facial hair. I have what would qualify as a full fledged molestache. One of the dudes has a strong dirty delgado going on. I changed the name from sanchez because well you get the point with delgado and it's his name.

Any how what stupid things do you guys do at work to make the job a bit more light hearted?

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very funny....:rofl:

We answer a lot of calls here, so we change our names ot talk loudly and all of a sudden start talking quietly...Lot's of fun!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i went to the water cooler (5 gallon job) a few years back,,, there were gold fish swimming around! that was pretty freaking funny! of course, the supervisor didn't think so....

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
We prank call each other, and pretty much bust each other's ballson a constant basis.

The other day, someone put an untouched breakfast burrito on my desk and said I could go for it. I was about 2 seconds from diggin in, when a guy hung up his phone and said WTF happened to my breakfast burritto. They got us both with that one.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
We do what we call "screen rape". If you leave your screen unattended and your e-mail running, there is no telling who will receive an e-mail from you.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
We do what we call "screen rape". If you leave your screen unattended and your e-mail running, there is no telling who will receive an e-mail from you.
Ok, this is one that is used around my place of employ often.

Try this, next time one of your co-workers mentions they have dentist/dr./tee time/ whatever -inquire politely a little deeper-times- names and such.

ahhheeeemmm- we've been known to call and cancel said appointments-so when the pigeon shows up-woohoo. :stretchgr

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I haven't done it but I think the ultimate computer prank I've heard of is playing with the auto correct options. Hell I don't even know how to do it but you use the autocorrect to change say "the" to "i'm gay" and it auto replaces through the whole message. This of course only works on people that don't read their emails before they send them to make sure they don't sound dumb.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
If i did any of those at my job... i would be fired.
:-( That's depressing now that i think about it.

The best we do is throw things at people when they are too deep in thought and don't see it comming.

and on wed. we play liars poker during lunch.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Any how what stupid things do you guys do at work to make the job a bit more light hearted?
At the vet clinic I worked at a few years ago, we would tie cow testicles to rear view mirrors :laugh:. New employees are the best :hysterica. I've also been responsible for putting zip ties on undercarriages, putting bubble wrap behind the doc when she was doing surgery (that one was really funny), and changing the test results on coworker's animals.

Dan

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Here's a great one...Take some clear tape, and cover the small hole(s) on the phone receiver that you speak into (on someone else's phone, of course!) and press really hard so you can't see it.

It's the funniest thing to watch this person talk louder and louder so the person they're talking to can hear them! And the'll say things like "You can't hear me? You still can't hear me? Must be a bad connection!"

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
If your work has black phones, it's fun to scribble on the handset with pencil. After someone uses it, they've got black marks on their face.
Also, if you work in an office environment with several computers close by, try switching the monitors or mouse/ keyboard. That one usually takes them quite a while to figure out.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
When I worked in a machine shop we'd take a spray bottle and spray a nice even layer of water on people's seat cushions. You can't see that it's wet and don't notice until it's soaked your pants. Also, in the hospital, we'd take a 10cc syringe of saline and inject it into a seat cushion- same effect, but takes MUCH longer to dry!

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I rememberd another one: a coworker and I were in an innocent prank war, but then he crossed the line and messed with my car. He shrink wrapped it, and put petroleum jelly on the door handles.
Once he did that I figured "game on". I went out to his car with the petroleum jelly, slathered a good amount on his windshield wipers, and turned them on (he didn't lock his car). As soon as he started his car it smeared all over his windshield.
Cruel, I know, but he got the point to leave cars out of it, and called a truce the next day.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
We've got a few of these at my office. On the facial hair front we play Beard Chicken. Once the game starts, shave or trim and you're disqualified. Last beard standing wins.

-Charles