What's new

My 1st Hole in One

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
On Sunday (12-4-11) I played Simi Hills Golf Course in Simi Valley, CA with my regular Sunday group of 16 guys. Hole number 17 is a 180 yard down hill Par 3 with an evil bunker that gaurds the front of the green, two bunkers on the left and one bunker on the backside. I selected a 4 iron due to the wind and the crispness in the air that seemed to take some distance off the ball all day. The flag was a middle back center pin location. The shot was straight as an arrow. It landed 15 feet in front of the cup and slowly rolled up, hit the flag stick and dropped in. The rest as they say is....bar tab.

Last edited:

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Holy cow, that's awesome! Sounds like you and Tiger had good weekends
I was out at Sherwood on Thursday and Saturday. Ricky Fowler almost took my head off with a 220 yard hybrid that flew the green on #2. I saw Bubba hit a 400 yard drive, the long way over the water on #4, that few would ever try and I was right there when Zach Johnson eagled #18. Sherwood is an awesome course. I look forward to playing it one day. I know some members and some employees.

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Congrats Michael! Did they give you a certificate acknowledging your accomplishment??

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Congratulations!

One of your golf buddies should have at least treated you to a cigar!
Somehow, I have become the official supplier of cigars to my group. If I ever am desperate enough to ask one of those guys for a cigar, it would probably be something from the "20 cigars for $10 sampler pack". A random single, that was most likely left to age on the dash board of the truck or under the seat for the past month. :headroll:

Unless I am fortune enough to be golfing with one of my fellow BOTL, Angry Bill, Havana Joe, Vegan, etc...

Last edited: