What's new

My .50 cal smoke home!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just finished my first ammo can humidor! Only a few hours of work and I think she turned out alright. And only now do I realize that the best way to ship a friend a 'bomb'...is in an ammo can lol.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
You guys have been making some very cool ammodors lately.. very nice TC!

wish I had the wood working skills and the patience to do something like that..... not that I really need any more projects or time consumers... but I think its really neat what you guys have been doing and how your projects have been turning out..

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
That came out awesome but if you start bombing those things this place is going to turn into a very dangerous place. haha

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
That thing is sick!!! I have seen a few of those and need to get on a project like that. Any special treatment to the can before adding the wood to remove any unpleasant smells, etc?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks Mdwest, it's nice to hear positive feed back from all the brothers. And brewin', I simply gave the can a soap and water rinse, let it air out for a day, washed it again, aired it out and then added the cedar and distilled water. Once I add the cigars it will have been a week. The thing smells great though lol, that's all I have to go on so far.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0

wish I had the wood working skills and the patience to do something like that..... not that I really need any more projects or time consumers... but I think its really neat what you guys have been doing and how your projects have been turning out..
Yeah mine would come out looking like an ashtray lol

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0

Yeah mine would come out looking like an ashtray lol
Yours and mine both. But not even the cool, made by a child ashtray, more like the "were you dropped on you head as a child?" type. The kind your own mother would hide in a closet. The kind where people ask if you bought that ashtray to help out a homeless man.

Yeah, okay, I think you understand how bad...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thing is sick!!! I have seen a few of those and need to get on a project like that. Any special treatment to the can before adding the wood to remove any unpleasant smells, etc?
I followed the directions on the official ammo can website. Wiped it down with vinegar post soap cleaning and let it rest with a box of baking powder for a week or so. Pretty detailed build with pics in the tread I started..

You can buy brand new cans wholesale from the net to keep costs down, but I wanted the cool stenceling and beat up look for mine.

Great looking ammo can TC!
T

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Dude, looky that! Jordan takes some time off from slayin the ladies in guam, and starts building crazy shit.

Way to go, brother! (Side note, I've almost got Kern ready to jump on BOTL.)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work brother. Now we'll have to start on a 40mm can for heavy herf travel!!