What's new

My birthday can't come soon enough!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So, I've really been wanting to become a "coffee snob" and over the past few months I've expressed this to my girlfriend quite a few times. I've done a little bit of research and was pretty sure a burr grinder and chemex is the route I wanted to eventually go. Unfortunately for my inner coffee nerd, I don't have any income to spend on a coffee set up (let alone cigars), as I am trying to save up enough money for an engagement ring. Well, yesterday she wanted us to take her car to church and as I hop in the drivers seat I noticed a Capresso 560 in the back seat. Now unless she has been hiding her fondness for fine coffee from me, I think it's safe to say she's going to hook me up with an "introductory coffee set" on my birthday, not to mention she is also taking me to Civil Cigar Lounge for the first time. I'm really excited to take a look through the threads here and get some coffee knowledge. Any starter tips you have would be greatly appreciated!

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That's a good introductory burr grinder (same as the Infinity I have at work). A Chemex makes great coffee right out of the box, but you might want to think about pairing it with a Coava Kone for even better results:

http://www.sweetmarias.com/sweetmarias/coffee-brewers/filters/kone-stainless-steel-conical-filter-3157.html

Whatever you end up using, play with lots of different grind settings to find one that best fits your tastes.
Thanks a lot for the reply. So the metal filter will replace the paper filters for the Chemex from what I'm seeing...that's really cool. Thanks for the heads up on that. I will be sure to play around with the settings, I feel like it's going to be a lot of fun to experiment.