What's new

My cruise to Cuba

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just returned from my Cruise to Cuba Friday night. I'll try and keep this short and post some pics. It was my first cruise and really enjoyed it. Cuba was a cool experience. The architecture that was still standing was beautiful, but there was a lot of crumbling and downed buildings. It would have been great to see it in the 50's. The old cars were cool, but not as many of them as I thought there would be. The people seemed liked they had to figure you out first and them were really friendly after we would sit down and ask them about themselves and the country. We took a cigars, rum and arts excursion that was a big disappointment. Food and local beer was very good. The mojitos were awesome! I never felt unsafe.

We were approached a lot on the street to buy cigars, but declined of course. Found Reynaldo at Conde de Villanuava for cigars. What a nice guy. His staff was very friendly and helpful too. My buddy and I bought 40 apiece of his custom rolls and split 4 boxes of well known cigars. I know very, very little about Cuban cigars so just picked up the boxes on name. I'm happiest with the custom rolls and should have picked up more. We sat up in his little shop and drank some beers and rum (mostly on the house) and smoked a couple of cigars he gave us. He sat down and rolled me cigar to show us how it was done. A true master! He also gave my wife a couple of Havana Club drink glasses and a cool old Cuban cigar poster. He actually kept the shop open about an hour after close to let us hang out. I wish we would have had more time.

Thanks to @ChefBoyRG54 and @AlohaStlye for the advice on pm's! You guys helped make it easier.

I'm on the right in the light button up shirt.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like it was a great time. I love seeing pictures and hearing the stories about Cuba trips. I'm hoping to try and get there when I'm in FL in a couple months.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, thank you for sharing the beautiful story of your journey. I too have long dreamed of going to Cuba, but there is one problem, I can not go on a sea cruise, because I have sea sickness. I get very sick when I'm on a ship, so I always choose alternative transportation options. I mostly travel by train, especially when I travel around the country. But to be honest, I don't know how to get to Cuba this way. I also want to walk around Havana, walk on the most beautiful beaches, I want to dance all night in a Cuban club, oh it's so desirable. Could you show us some more pictures from your trip? I want to see Cuba through your eyes.

Last edited: