My family's hobby

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Spider Ball Python

Mojave Ball Python

Bumblebee Ball Python

Pastel Het Albino Ball Python

Pinstripe Ball Python

All dominant traits that when bred together will produce these same traits plus other genetic morph variations. The pastel has the albino gene which is co-dominant so when bred the other snake must have the albino gene as well for it to appear.

I used to be terrified of snakes but after learning more and finding out there was good money in breeding I overcame my fears. Fun to learn about genetics with the kids.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Those are sweet looking snakes! My son REALLY wants a pet snake, but I'm going to make him wait until he's old enough to take care of it (oh, and we can't get one while we're in Japan anway). My wife is not trilled at the idea of a snake in the house, lol.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Those are sweet looking snakes! My son REALLY wants a pet snake, but I'm going to make him wait until he's old enough to take care of it (oh, and we can't get one while we're in Japan anway). My wife is not trilled at the idea of a snake in the house, lol.
I would recommend a ball python or cornsnake. We have 2 cornsnakes as well. You can get normal ball pythons and a variety of neat looking cornsnake for $20 to $50. Some of the ones I posted sell for a couple hundred up to a few thousand dollars. They need a heat source and a hidebox. You can get tanks that have lids that lock so no need to worry about escape.

I used to be terrified of snakes. My wife is a Registered Vet Tech so she loves all animals and we have always had a variety of pets. After learning with the kids it has turned into an educational hobby.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I would recommend a Corn snake then. Easy to care for and a good starter snake. It is very important to take care of all animals and they deserve proper care. If he does well with the Corn snake then I would say go for the python.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I love that bumblebee morph. I had a normal ball while in college, was good fun at parties.