What's new

My Father Factory Overruns?

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Got an e-mail from Atlantic Cigar last week sometime (or was it early this week :scratchhe :dunno:) with an ad for some My Father Factory Overruns. Given my love for MF stuff, I've become very tempted...especially given the price. Was curious if anyone had tried them already?? Probably doesn't matter. Won't be able to hold out much longer anyway. Would there be any interest in splitting a bundle??? Don't really have room for a whole one. Would probably be the Corona Maduro.

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/cigars/My-Father-Factory-Overruns.asp

Dan

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I was wondering about these as well... I don't have anymore room at the moment, but I think I could make some if it was for a "good cause."

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'd be down for a fiver, it's been driving me crazy trying to find out if these are unbanded regular production of something. It says they are blended by Jamie Garcia.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I asked the same question on another board and came up with a wide variety of comments but all told....it isn't the cigar they make it out to be. Using the 'carrot' of them being My Father will get attention pretty quick but those who have smoked them say it's not what you think they will be. They are not blems nor are they seconds...they are made in the same factory but that doesn't mean they use the same tobacco blend. At best they are a mediocre cigar for a decent price.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I asked the same question on another board and came up with a wide variety of comments but all told....it isn't the cigar they make it out to be. Using the 'carrot' of them being My Father will get attention pretty quick but those who have smoked them say it's not what you think they will be. They are not blems nor are they seconds...they are made in the same factory but that doesn't mean they use the same tobacco blend. At best they are a mediocre cigar for a decent price.
Yeah, this is actually the response I was expecting...

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Yeah, this is actually the response I was expecting...
And despite the response I'm still wanting to try 'em. No cigar budget for this pay check so will be a week or so, but I'll check with you guys who voiced interest in splitting a bundle before I order.

Dan

Last edited:

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Just wondering if anyone pulled the trigger on these yet? If anyone has info on these, please share!!!
No info to be had brotha. I emailed Paul, and they really don't know. They are Medium bodied though. Not mislabeled as far
as strength goes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad ordered two bundles of these, so I asked him to send me a few sticks to try. Instead he just sent me an entire bundle. I've never really met a bundle that I liked, but these are a little different. I mean it's not $10 MF to be had for $2, but they are actually pretty good. You can defiantly tell they are Nica, but what I was most surprised by was the construction. The burn line and ash are perfect.

I only buy locally, so it's not something that I would purchase in the future. However, if my dad offered to send me another bundle I wouldn't have a problem smoking them.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Toro Oscuro was the jam but unfortunately they are sold out...worth well over the price point. Half way through a bundle of the torpedo oscuro...huge let down after having the toro...very mild and bland...Would not suggest getting the torps...just my .02.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yep....all the reviews I've read tell me that this cigar is just a 'carrot' and people will buy them because they use My Father as the bait. There are a lot of cigars that are made in factories that are a name brand...but that doesn't mean you are getting the better profile cigar. It's like having a Ford Focus built in the Ford Factory and expecting to have a Ford Mustang come rolling down to the waiting customer. We have to be a little more judicious so we aren't being lead around by these advertising things that cigar sites come out with and how they use "language" as a ploy to get people to buy. At the end of the day if people buy them and like them...that's good but for those who think they are getting the Mustang and get a Focus instead you'll learn pretty quick that these marketing guys do what they do best...move product.