BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0

Size: 6.5 x 42
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Price: ~ $8.00

Intro: Last year Federal Cigar celebrated their 90th year with some special LE cigars from various manufacturers. Well they're doing it again this year to celebrate their 91st year. My Father Cigars put together two masterpieces for them in a traditional Cervantes size. One featuring a Broadleaf wrapper and the other a Connecticut. Since I don't have to work until later in the day on Fridays I've begun having a cigar and coffee to start my day. This past Friday I ended up pulling this cigar from the humidor. The only made 50 boxes of these I believe so they're exceptionally limited. A big thanks to a fellow BOTL for giving me the opportunity to give this a try.

Prelight: This cigar comes wrapped in a cedar sleeve marked with the My Father logo and states Federal 91st. The cedar sleeve, though a little snug, comes off easily. Underneath is a silky, tan wrapper with a peppery cedar aroma. Only a couple small veins present. Cap cut easily leaving a draw with just a touch of resistance. The cold draw was a nutty tobacco and pepper flavor. One of the cool things about cedar sleeves is you can fold 'em up, light 'em up, and light your cigar with them...which is what I did with this cigar. As a side note, it produces a wonderful cedar and tobacco aroma.

First Third: Initial flavors are a nutty cedar with some pepper on the finish. The pepper wasn't so strong that I couldn't retro hale it and it melded well with the other flavors. The smoke was thick and creamy. The ash layered well and was strong, holding for at least an inch before either falling or I tapped it off.

Second Third: Transitioning into the second third the pepper started to die out leaving an exceptionally nutty, sweet cedar flavor with a creaminess to it. Burn was sharp and straight, ash strong. Went out when I had to go back in the house to take care of some stuff, but relit without any issues.

Last Third: A great ending for a great start. The pepper was completely gone leaving a predominately woody flavor, but with hints of nuts and cedar. Also a little sweetness crept in...vanilla I'd say. Burn needed a minor touch up, but nothing major.

Final Thoughts: Was sad to see this cigar end. I'm about to utter something I never thought I would. I prefer the Connecticut to the Broadleaf. Yup. I know. Blahphemous. It's not that the Broadleaf isn't good either, because it is...very good even. If you prefer a mild to medium cigar though, then you may find this a little over powering. It's not full, but a tad under for sure. Now my beef. Only 50 boxes!? Damn. Surely they'll come to their senses and make some more of these. I'd particulartly like to see what it could do in a Petit Robusto size. If only because that's my favorite size of the regular production Le Bijou.

Dan

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Spot on, one of the better medium bodied smokes I have had this year IMHO, the second third brought roasted nuts and butterscotch for me, please please release more of these!

darkman

BoM May '10
Rating - 100%
358   0   0
Final Thoughts: Was sad to see this cigar end. I'm about to utter something I never thought I would. I prefer the Connecticut to the Broadleaf. Yup. I know. Blahphemous. It's not that the Broadleaf isn't good either, because it is...very good even. If you prefer a mild to medium cigar though, then you may find this a little over powering. It's not full, but a tad under for sure. Now my beef. Only 50 boxes!? Damn. Surely they'll come to their senses and make some more of these. I'd particulartly like to see what it could do in a Petit Robusto size. If only because that's my favorite size of the regular production Le Bijou.

Dan[/QUOTE]

Keep your eyes open dan, you wish may just come true.....................jussayin

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dan
Keep your eyes open dan, you wish may just come true.....................jussayin[/QUOTE]

Man, I hope so. Never got to try these and can't find them anywhere, try as i may.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Here's the skinny.....

I'm personally not a huge Ecuadorian Connecticut fan. I ordered the 50 boxes just to have something different for my in-house guys. We had no idea these were going to be so over the !@#$ing top good! The EC wrapper with the Le Bijou blend is an amazing cigar.

That being said.....

In about two weeks we will have 150 more boxes. 50 boxes of each size listed below.

My Father Le Bijou 1922 Connecticut Cervantes 44 x 6 1/2

My Father Le Bijou 1922 Connecticut Corona Gorda 46 x 5 5/8

My Father Le Bijou 1922 Connecticut Petite Robusto 50 x 4

Sorry to thread jack ;)

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Here's the skinny.....

I'm personally not a huge Ecuadorian Connecticut fan. I ordered the 50 boxes just to have something different for my in-house guys. We had no idea these were going to be so over the !@#$ing top good! The EC wrapper with the Le Bijou blend is an amazing cigar.

My Father Le Bijou 1922 Connecticut Petite Robusto 50 x 4
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you :thumbsup:. Thread jack totally warranted :grin:.

Dan

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Jaime has done amazing things with the Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper so far.

I love seeing that you have all three of those sizes coming in the Le Bijou blend with that wrapper. Cannot wait!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I have not had this cigar. However I have had the JG LE Conni and felt the same exact way about you on the wrappers which threw me for a loop. I can only hope JG will release this cigar with the same blend more available than just one in a box.
Thanks for the review Dan!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not had this cigar. However I have had the JG LE Conni and felt the same exact way about you on the wrappers which threw me for a loop. I can only hope JG will release this cigar with the same blend more available than just one in a box.
Thanks for the review Dan!

They did release the JG reserva especial new england release with the connecticut shade a month ago. Also Federal Cigar will be selling this blend (Le Bijou 1922) in 3 sizes starting june 6th.
http://travelingstogie.com/my-father-le-bijou-1922-connecticut-shade-federal-cigar-exclusive-release-information/