Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My Father Limited Edition 2011 Toro

Size: 6.5 x 52

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano Criollo
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

About:
The 2011 My Father Limited Edition cigars are 6.5 x 52 Toros that are beautifully packaged in boxes of 12. There were 3,500 boxes of this cigar produced, and if the 2010 release was any indication, these will sell out quickly (if they haven’t already at the time of this review). Jaime García has seemed to take the lessons from his father, José Pepín García to heart, and continues to follow in his very successful footsteps.

Pre-light:
This cigar was immediately recognizable by its very decorative band and equally ornate second band. It had a nice dark brown wrapper with a slight oily sheen. The wrapper was perfect – there were no veins, blemishes, or defects of any kind on the cigar at all.

AROMA: There were some very nice and distinct leathery and meaty qualities to the prelight aroma, and there was a nice spicy component as well. The prelight aroma at the foot was dominated by a sharp spiciness with an additional perfume-like essence.

TASTE: The prelight taste was a straight-forward deep woody and spicy combination. The draw was absolutely perfect for me, with just the right amount of resistance.

1/3:
The cigar started off with some very distinctly nutty flavors. At the same time there was a nice spiciness that became immediately noticeable with a slight tingling sensation on my lips and tongue. These nutty flavors and spicy sensations were very bold and up front. The burn started off and continued to be absolutely razor sharp, and the ash was white and very firm.

2/3:
As the cigar moved from the first third to the second third, the nutty flavors transitioned into a nice peppery blast that was full in my entire mouth and palate. This peppery flavor was a compliment to the spicy tingle that I was continuing to experience on my lips and tongue.
Though somewhat unidimensional, it was still full of flavor enough to keep my interest piqued.

3/3:
As the final third began, the peppery blast that I had been experiencing in the second third mellowed out just a little bit, but was still there – especially at the back of my palate. At this point, a subtle sweetness began to emerge as well. The peppery blast that assaulted my palate earlier continued to mellow, and there was an increase in the overall fullness of the cigar as a whole – both in the flavor profile and in the strength of the cigar. This spiciness intensified on the tip of my tongue as the cigar came to an end.

Overall:
Overall this was a fine sample from My Father Cigars. The packaging of the cigar from the bands to the boxes was beautiful as was the cigar itself. The construction was absolutely spot-on, and I just wish that there was a little more diversity in the flavor profile in the last two thirds. The peppery flavors were something I was expecting to find, and while not bad by any means, I would just have liked a little element of surprise to make things interesting.

Here's a LINK to the episode.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice review. How do these compare to the LE from 2010?

It has been long enough since I had a 2010 that I really don't recall specifics... I do remember liking the 2010 as well though. Hopefully there is someone here with a better memory than mine that can shed some light... :D