What's new

My favorite place to smoke.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
You know, there is a difference between the culture here in San Diego and the culture in Tijuana... I think that has a lot to do with the fact that most migrants skip over San Diego and head to Los Angeles, so the Mexican population in San Diego is more "Americanized," because they've been here for more generations than the newer families in Los Angeles. That, combined with the enclave effect which helps to preserve out-group cultural practices in settlement host nations.

Sorry, this is the kind of stuff I geek out on...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Ha, no worries. I certainly wouldn't refute a difference between Mexican culture and Mexican-American culture. I've just noticed that in my experience Mexican immigrants are more able to combat acculturation pressures, especially so close to the border. I've only been to California a few times, so most of my understanding comes from Texas and of course the population here in Florida which continues to grow. It's not to say that after a generation or two the children raised in the US wouldn't identify more with being American, but American culture is a hodge podge of other ethnic cultures itself. It's been a long time since I studied any sociology, so I may be behind the curve... :laugh:
You aren't that far behind the curve. Not much has changed.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Once of these days I'll quit being an amateur and get my damn passport!
Do you need a passport? When I dated a chick a while ago and we visited her family in Del Rio Texas we would just cross the board no problem without showing anything.
Since 2008, you need a passport to come back across. If you just have a DL, they will hold you and question you until they are satisfied. Keep in mind, the San Ysidro (Tijuana/San Diego) border crossing is still the busiest crossing in the world - so busy, in fact, that they opened a second TJ/SD crossing at Otay.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Since 2008, you need a passport to come back across. If you just have a DL, they will hold you and question you until they are satisfied. Keep in mind, the San Ysidro (Tijuana/San Diego) border crossing is still the busiest crossing in the world - so busy, in fact, that they opened a second TJ/SD crossing at Otay.
Ah good to know, thanks!

Sent from your mothers phone

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Ah good to know, thanks!

Sent from your mothers phone
You going to come out sometime soon?