What's new

My Finished Winodor

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
I used epoxy actually- extra strength. Glued both parts on, then tore them off (to tear off the layer of surface paint) then re-epoxied them so its a latch-epoxy-paint-epoxy-surface sandwich. Holds on super strong, and seeing a lock is deterrent enough that the epoxy's hold has never been tested

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Just as an update - This winodor is completely fully... I've already purchased a second edgestar 28 and did the same build - Only this time, It has computer fans, and is filled with boxes, not singles in drawers...

That one is already 9/10 full too.

What... What did I do?!

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Just as an update - This winodor is completely fully... I've already purchased a second edgestar 28 and did the same build - Only this time, It has computer fans, and is filled with boxes, not singles in drawers...

That one is already 9/10 full too.

What... What did I do?!

When I was in college not long ago, I had a small fridge, usually filled with a half drank gatorade, left over pizza and a case of miller lite. All of which needed to last me until the next weekend lol. You are living like a king compared to how I lived! LOL

keinreis

BoM Oct '11
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
When I was in college not long ago, I had a small fridge, usually filled with a half drank gatorade, left over pizza and a case of miller lite. All of which needed to last me until the next weekend lol. You are living like a king compared to how I lived! LOL
either that, or he is going hungry.

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
My fridge is full of gatorade, pizza and milk... However, my desk has a decanter full of Glenmorangie, and another decanter of Jameson, all the beer I have is Dogfishhead, Imperial Russian's, or other seasonal specials, and I shave with about 2k in razors (although, to be fair, that's the value of the razors, not what I paid for them).

either that, or he is going hungry.
I don't go hungry. I just work, and I work hard. I have two real jobs that I balance with my classes (An autism internship at a local hospital after classes, and I work as an overnight stocker at Toys R Us, so I'm there from 10pm-4am, or from 4am-8am). I also have a bunch of jobs that I made for myself - I invested in a 300 dollar buffer and 200 dollars of honing gear a few years ago, along with leather working supplies. Now, when time permits, I hunt antique stores for antique straight razors and buff them, shine them, re-pin them and hone them. I also make strops in my dorm (because I don't need power tools for that!) and I sell the razors and strops... I also do knife work - Sharpening, grinding, polishing, etc.

Which is why I have lots of 'spensive chit :stretchgr

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Nice build, Doc... Very impressed.

Been looking high and low for one of these also, but can't seem to locate one where I'm at.

One day, though... Great work, though man.

-F