What's new

My first CC box purchase. Do they look legit?

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
My first ever CC box purchase arrived, courtesy of the swiss post ;)
I didn't have very much information on the vendor before placing the order and I took a big risk by ordering these, because they were the lowest price around. However, now that my package has finally arrived, I feel relieved.
From what I can see, the hologram and "republica de cuba" sticker look good, the habanos sticker in the corner is covering the side seem just fine and the markings on the underside of the box seem in order to me.
What are your guys thoughts? I'm gonna open the box and inspect the contents a little later. (I just set up my wineador, and I'm not sure if it's stabilized yet)
Also the date stamp on the bottom obviously mean April 2011, that seems pretty good, no?
Monte1.jpgMonte2.jpgMonte3.jpgMonte4.jpg

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The only red flag I see is that the warranty seal isn't folded over inline with the center of the coat of arms. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but all my boxes were like that. That said, I haven't got a box of Monte 4's though. Where's the rest of the diagonal Habanos sticker? I'd shoot a picture of the sticks inside; that's the real proof.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
They're fine. But generally people wait more then a month after joining here to post habanos pictures and then ask about source vs quality. Btw lay em down for 3 years and start trying them then. Congrats on your first purchase.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Which is why I wanted to buy them quickly. The sooner I buy them, the sooner I can age them.
They're fine. But generally people wait more then a month after joining here to post habanos pictures and then ask about source vs quality. Btw lay em down for 3 years and start trying them then. Congrats on your first purchase.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Understood but after staying a while, info will be at your fingertips and the worries about vendors will be answererd. Just put in a little time and get to know guys.
Regards,
Jfire

owensaz

Pallabra. (Word.)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Check cubancigarwebsite.com<<good source for verification.

As Eric said the warranty seal seems off

Compare

Vs

No expert.. but that's what I noticed..

Last edited:

owensaz

Pallabra. (Word.)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I was showing how the warranty seal is usually broken in the "middle" of the crest.

Clarification: the second image I post is a fake the first is authentic.

Last edited:

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
rub your finger on the bands on the cigars. If they're raised and you can feel how the printing press raised the white part, that's a good indication they're legit. I've purchased plenty from unsecure sources with bands that are not raised and were on the "sketchy" side. Having been to an LCDH and seen known legit cigars, I noticed the raised lettering and emblems on all the bands, and many of what I had in my humis did not have that kind of workmanship on the bands.

Sadly, I think I was duped on more than one occasion.

I also like seeing the thin band of tissue paper on over the bands. This was standard on the several boxes of MCs that I saw at LCDH, including a box of MC #4s.