What's new

My First Habano Review!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Although I do not have much if any cc experience I was challenged by a brother to finely lite this puppy up and give a review.
Awhile back I was gifted by Pooh Bore a Cohiba Siglo Six (Toro) from my wish list and because I only have a couple of cc's I really wanted to save this for a special occasion. Well it just kept talking to me and talking to me and then Ben (Sweeden) challenged me to smoke it and review it. I was going to anyways but I wanted Pooh Bore to get back from his trip to see this review and show him the gratitude he deserved on sending me this wonderfull stick.
So without further BS..let the review beggin!
coh4.jpg
The Lite...
Being new to cc's my first thought was how wonderfull this cigar felt and appeard. It had some weight to it and was packed really well. Exactly what I like in a cigar. I toasted the foot really well and proceeded to draw it in while rotating the foot on the flame. After the light I was able to sit back and give the smoke a good chance to sit on my pallet. My first thought was "Mild" and a bit grassy however it was not at all harsh on the throat. Once into the cigar about half an inch the grassy taste went away and I could really sense a creamy, vanilla, nutmeg sorta mix with notes of citrus.
coh3.jpg
Second third went just as smooth. really light and creamy and still the nutmeg flavor seems to be the focal point.
coh2.jpg
Getting into the final third of this cigar it seemed to have picked up just a little more on the nutmeg and almost a creamy coffee like flavor as well. As I let it out I would breath it though my nose just a little and really pick up on the aroma which was very inviting. The notes of citrus depending on the draw would pop up as well which made me think of an Orange Creamsicle for some reason.
Coh1.jpg
As I rounded the final inch of this cigar I felt as though the time had just gone by way to fast and I was not ready to put it down. My final thoughts on this cigar was exactly what I had read and expected.
Without a doubt this was one of the best cigars I've ever had. I was almost on the verge of depression once it was over because I knew I may not see another for some time. It was really a wonderfull smoke and I cannot thank Pooh Bore enough for his genorosity on sending me this cigar. :thumbsup:
I would highly reccomend this as a cc staple if you have the means.
:peace:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Awesome review, Ciggy. Glad to hear it was a great experience. I hope that in two years I can agree with you.

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Thanks for the great review and pics Tom! I have felt that depression after ending a great stick too.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Great review, ciggy.

I've only had a Cohiba Robusto and loved every second of it. The Siglo series is something I've been wanting to try for awhile.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Nice review Ciggy

I smoked my one and only Sig VI at the first herf I threw at my house. I had all my best smokes laid out and ready to smoke. But in true BOTL style these guys wouldn't let me smoke my stuff and kept handing me Some of the worlds best cigars. Ventura Mike handed me a Sig VI, and I fell in love with Cohiba. Of course it was preceded by CWS BBF he gave me.

axi

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review! That's one of the few cigars on the top of my "CC To Smoke List" I keep skipping over it though because of all the hype, I always worry if it won't live up to it.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Nice review and thanks for the pics too. I don't have very much experience with Cohiba or CCs in general, but the few Cohibas I've had were absolutely memorable experiences. Just awesome cigars.