What's new

My first hand made pipe

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week I posted a pipe that my dad made for me. Today I just finished my first pipe- here it is.done.jpg I am lucky enough to live 30 miles away from professional pipemaker Mark Tinsky, and picked up a kit from him this morning. It was a great day getting to meet Mark, and having my first pipe turn out half way decent.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Fantastic job!! That pipe is gorgeous... and only your first? Can't wait to see any future projects you complete!

Sidenote: Mark Tinsky is a wonderful pipecarver!! Love to see his weekly works. He also did some restoration work for me on some gifted pipes. Great prices, great work. Can't beat that!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Making a pipe that looks that good and meeting Mark Tinsky, all in the same day....congrats to you Nathan! :clap:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what the name of the kit is. I told him what I wanted to build and he grabbed a block of briar and made the kit as I watched. To tell you the truth I am happy I ended up with something that resembled a pipe when I got done. For someone like me who can berely write legible to make a pipe out of a block is hard to imagine. If you are thinking about making one I say go for it. kits can be had fairly cheap, and smoking your favorite blend out of a pipe you made makes it that much better.