What's new

My last cigar.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have seen this story play out many times from BOTL who had wives/GF's that demanded an ultimatum from them which always gave me a headache. While I understand that there are rational concerns from our wifes/GF's there is always the other side of life and what we choose to live with. Quality....quality of life is not just a commercial we watch on TV or read about in books....it's an actual part of life that comes in slices like a pizza....I tend to look for quality in everything I choose to do and that's my barometer. My wife and I had the talk before we ever married and she understood how I felt about my hobby...and I try to honor her by not walking around and smelling like an ashtray as I am a hygienic person. To be fair each partner must give the other some room to seek that quality and to berate the other is not a marriage...it's a dictatorship whereby one uses their will to overshadow the other. There is compromise and both should seek it so that a built up resentment doesn't appear later on. Health issues can be an issue but if one is going to worry about future health issues that aren't already there then live your life in a bubble...don't drive a car...don't eat sugar...don't drink alcohol...don't follow a bus or diesel truck...don't piss in the wind...don't fly on airplanes....the list is endless but quality of life only comes in thin slices. Whatever the choice is that is made...ensure that there is sound logic behind it or else regret is around the corner. JMHO

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Have seen this story play out many times from BOTL who had wives/GF's that demanded an ultimatum from them which always gave me a headache. While I understand that there are rational concerns from our wifes/GF's there is always the other side of life and what we choose to live with. Quality....quality of life is not just a commercial we watch on TV or read about in books....it's an actual part of life that comes in slices like a pizza....I tend to look for quality in everything I choose to do and that's my barometer. My wife and I had the talk before we ever married and she understood how I felt about my hobby...and I try to honor her by not walking around and smelling like an ashtray as I am a hygienic person. To be fair each partner must give the other some room to seek that quality and to berate the other is not a marriage...it's a dictatorship whereby one uses their will to overshadow the other. There is compromise and both should seek it so that a built up resentment doesn't appear later on. Health issues can be an issue but if one is going to worry about future health issues that aren't already there then live your life in a bubble...don't drive a car...don't eat sugar...don't drink alcohol...don't follow a bus or diesel truck...don't piss in the wind...don't fly on airplanes....the list is endless but quality of life only comes in thin slices. Whatever the choice is that is made...ensure that there is sound logic behind it or else regret is around the corner. JMHO
Agree 100%

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the other side, my wife knew that I had pipes and smoked cigars. I also had a motorcycle. I smoke my pipes at home and my cigars at the smoke shop.
I hang my clothes in the garage after a visit to the smoke shop,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Good luck to you and much respect for doing what you think is best for your family. As others have mentioned I'd probably have handled it differently, but you really don't know until you're in those shoes and everyone's relationship is different. When we first started dating my now wife tried to exercise some control over me and it didn't work out well for her. Worst time I ended up purchasing a truck I wasn't sure I wanted because she said it'd be the end of us if I did. I don't try to control her and we both respect each other. We've been doing great for over five years and even in the process of adopting a new baby :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had I known your view, I would not have posted.
I don't smoke around my granddaughter, son when he was little or my Newfy dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk