What's new

My little home humidor...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For background information, I built a new house with a subterranean wine cellar. Within the wine cellar are shear walls so I just glassed in a portion of the wine cellar, lined it with spanish cedar and put up spanish cedar shelving. Contacted Bob Staebell to figure out what type of humidification system I needed based on the size. Within the wine cellar, I had a separate ventilation system installed so that no smoke would circulate through the rest of the house and it is exhausted through the roof, three stories above.

Plan to install a small wetbar and scotch/cognac display case with bin racking for wines around the room. Sitting are would be in the middle of the room. Also plan to put up an entertainment system for when I have guests who want to enjoy a cigar and a glass of whatever with me. The room stays naturally between 50/60 degrees but I can draw warm air in from the livingroom, down into the wine cellar to warm up the room temporarily. Even with the glass door, the humidification in the walk-in stays pretty constant around 65-67% (or wherever I set it) and the slight door gap at the hinges allow some fresh air exchange...