What's new

My Morning Jacket

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Anyone else like this band? I'm pretty diehard about them. They are a band that always sounds different on each album. Front man Jim James is most of the inspiration behind the music. What I like most is they record all in "one take" meaning if it cant be reproduced onstage they dont record it, and if someone messes up 3min into the song it either stays or they start over. Anyways they are a pretty killer band you should check out.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
One Big Holiday
I'm Amazed
It’s About Twilight Now
War Begun
I Will Be There When You Die
The Dark
At Dawn
Bermuda Highway
Mahgeetah
Dancefloors
Golden
Wordless Chorus
Lay Low
Gideon
Off the Record
Evil Urges
Touch Me I’m Going To Scream Pt.1
Highly Suspicious
Aluminum Park
Remnants
Smokin From Shootin
Touch Me I’m Going To Scream Pt.2

To name a few, lots of B-sides and outakes out there as well. One of the best live bands going right now.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
man this thread made me think of an episode of American Dad I just watched this weekend

[YOUTUBE]kxAdzXlL6i4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
MMJ is a very good band - the whole album 'Z' is classic. Very fun live to see also - Jim with his space boots & flying V guitar looking like a metal head... If you like him you probably are aware of the 'Monsters of Folk' which also included Conor O'Berst of Bright Eyes (seeing them at Radio City this Wed.) and M. Ward - one of my all time favorite alt-folk musicians!

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Check out their site. They are releasing a free download from the NYC concert series they did last year. For 5 nights they played each one of their albums in its entirety. Every week there is a new download of each album until the new album is released in about a month.

www.mymorningjacket.com

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
New Album totally ROCKS!

Circuital

Check out My Morning Jacket on youtube tonight for a free live concert in the great city of Louisville Ky!!! Live at the Palace:cbig: