What's new

My MRN encyclopaedia just came in today.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thanks Windowrx and Caudio for leading me to this awesome resource. The information is invaluable and the pictures are so life like. It even impressed the wife. Now, if I could only find some of those more difficult to find tastey goodies. :yes:

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I know that for a fact. I'm already sweating some of the older cigars in that book. When MRN started talking about the third maturation while using words like ethereal I started to drool.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Ya know sometimes I forget I got this book and then I will come across it and sit for hours reading or re-reading. Or I will get a new purchase of something and look it up to get tasting notes before smoking. Its a great resource.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
It's good bathroom material when you want a break from the wife/gf and/or kids :thumbsup:

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
FPDoc77 said:
I got through all the aging stuff last night. I couldn't get through more because the wife was in my ear all night. :argue:
I didn't know your wife and my wife were related!:argue:

Yes, MRN is a great resource, but it's not the "final word" on cuban cigars. There are some things in there that i don't agree with, but that's just me.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
tubaman said:
I didn't know your wife and my wife were related!:argue:

Yes, MRN is a great resource, but it's not the "final word" on cuban cigars. There are some things in there that i don't agree with, but that's just me.
Wow, three wives on the board who are related? :rolling:

Seriously though, if the above isn't true then there is something wrong IMO. Cigars are about Taste and Taste is subjective. No two people are going to agree on every cigar out there.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I like the book for a basis of knowledge. I use my taste buds for final analysis. It must have been written by an aristocrat or something

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
JW and Tuba I think we all understand a woman's scorn...lol. All I wanted to do was read my book. She wanted to "communicate". Oh man is that a tough thing to do with the MRN in your hand. I haven't read it from front to back yet but what I do know is this guy knows a heck of alot more than me. I will say he was a little light on those VR's. I guess it's because they are so young (1997). I will probably disagree with many points in the book when I am done. But, I guess that's the beauty of these kind of books.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
caudio51 said:
I like the book for a basis of knowledge. I use my taste buds for final analysis. It must have been written by an aristocrat or something
May'be he owns an Aristocrat :lookaroun

And always use YOUR tastebuds as the final judge.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
FPDoc77 said:
Am I missing something?
Did you get robbed or something? Is this one of those questions where you have something on your face and no one will tell you it's there? :help: :bouncetau