What's new

My new 1080p LED and Soundbar

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Tiger Direct had an outstanding deal on Vizio's 47'' LED TV. Using their sale, Ebates, and a mail in rebate I got this TV and soundbar for $500!

I still have my old 37'' LCD tv that I'm going to sell on craigslist to offset the costs even more. Not bad, huh?! :cbig:

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Tiger Direct had an outstanding deal on Vizio's 47'' LED TV. Using their sale, Ebates, and a mail in rebate I got this TV and soundbar for $500!

I still have my old 37'' LCD tv that I'm going to sell on craigslist to offset the costs even more. Not bad, huh?! :cbig:
How's the quality of sound through the soundbar? I have a onkyo 7.1 surround system my wife wants me to get rid of for a sound bar cuz she "hates all the wires" and I'm curious how those are

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
How's the quality of sound through the soundbar? I have a onkyo 7.1 surround system my wife wants me to get rid of for a sound bar cuz she "hates all the wires" and I'm curious how those are
I'll let you know as soon as it all arrives. Right now I'm running a 2.1 system and it's terrible. I don't have it all going into an amplifier so every input has it's own volume level it decides to output. Plus the speakers pop from the surge of power every time I turn on the TV.

The soundbar doesn't include the wireless sub but I may purchase that eventually. From what I understand this soundbar isn't a "surround sound" soundbar but the reviews are still really good.

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
You def hit a home run with that price. I got a Vizio 55" 1080p 240 htz with sound bar at christmas at Costco and spent about double that.

And I absolutely LOVE the tv. Sound bar is pretty good too.

Score!

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
You def hit a home run with that price. I got a Vizio 55" 1080p 240 htz with sound bar at christmas at Costco and spent about double that.

And I absolutely LOVE the tv. Sound bar is pretty good too.

Score!
I was also able to sell my old LCD on craigslist for $175 as well (it's not in perfect condition and has some "clouding" during dark scenes). Only problem is now I'm without a TV for about a week :crosseyed

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
This thread inspired us to get a new TV too. Got a 40" LCD on sale at Best Buy for $350, also picked up a Roku box. Enjoying some Hulu on the big screen. :)

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
Help me out here cause I'm shopping for my FIL. I can't seem to find this deal, even through Ebates. Can you give me a link?

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
Thanks.

The pic that you posted shows 240hz, but the link takes me to a 120hz tv.
Was the sound at part of a bundle? Or is that the expired ebate you are referring to?

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Thanks.

The pic that you posted shows 240hz, but the link takes me to a 120hz tv.
Was the sound at part of a bundle? Or is that the expired ebate you are referring to?
Oops, you're right. The TV I ordered was a 120hz, I just grabbed a stock photo off Google. Ebates had two additional coupons for mail-in rebates that I applied to the TV and the soundbar. Even at $549, the reviews are really solid for that TV so it's probably worth jumping on if anyone is in need of a TV.

Timing worked out perfectly for me because my old set was starting to have problems and we're moving to a larger apartment soon anyway.