What's new

My new Smoke Room

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well it took us over a year to find a house my wife and I both liked, she got a pool and I got a smoke room. Still a lot of work to be done but I see progress

20191006_165608.jpg

There is a set of double doors on the right wall that will eventually open to a 6ft wide 25 inch deep mirror walled bar.

20191006_165636.jpg

20191006_165723.jpg

20191006_165735.jpg

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Questions:

1) ventilation? whats it look like?
2) this looks like an in-law basically? bathroom, kitchen, etc. Love it!!
3) no extra seats for the rest of us to come visit?

ventilation during cooler months will be exhaust fans in the two windows and the open door When it gets hot I'll use my custom made smoke eaters (box fans with Filtrete 1200D smoke particle filters and Filtrete charcoal filters taped to them). Odor control with ozone generator and extra strength Febreeze.

Was an in-law apartment with previous owner, no chance of that happening for us, especially after I stink the place up a bit

Extra seating will be installed by the time you arrive!

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
ventilation during cooler months will be exhaust fans in the two windows and the open door When it gets hot I'll use my custom made smoke eaters (box fans with Filtrete 1200D smoke particle filters and Filtrete charcoal filters taped to them). Odor control with ozone generator and extra strength Febreeze.

Was an in-law apartment with previous owner, no chance of that happening for us, especially after I stink the place up a bit

Sounds like events at my house. BYOC = Bring Your Own Chair

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

custom made smoke eaters
Would love to see pics of your smoke eaters.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0

It's just a 20 inch box fan with a Filtrete 1200D allergen reduction and a Filtrete allergen and odor reduction filter taped or bungie corded to it. The 1200D is available at
Sams club in packs of 3 for a reasonable price. The 1200 Allergan and Odor reduction (activated charcoal imbedded in the filter) is a bit more expensive, Walmart for $13 each or available online in multifilter packages. I added the second filter after the original thread was posted. Worked pretty well when I was smoking in the tight spaces of the old house, I know I'll need multiple set ups in the larger smoke room I now have.

I think long term I'll try to build a larger smoke eater with several filters and using bulk activated charcoal but still moving in and don't have time for another project right now!