What's new

My new winador

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A few weeks back I started digging through these threads looking at wineador builds. Knew I had to have one right away as my house swings temp like crazy, and with steam heat gets pretty moist. I came across a good deal on a scratch and dent 18 bottle cooler. Just happened to get a good chunk of money for my birthday so I pulled the trigger!
image.jpg

I immediately stuffed it with news paper, and a bowl of baking soda for 24 hrs

image.jpg

After that I still had the plastic smell, I scrubbed the inside with water and baking soda, popped the door and blew a fan into it for 24 hrs.... Smell was gone!

I added 2 lbs of kitty litter and let it sit, while waiting I took the original wood shelves and played around. I had some plexiglass laying around and decided to make some drawers out of the shelves. Worked great for a temp solution till I get down to my brothers cabinet shop to build some out of sc. 3 days and some spraying later it leveled of at 64 rh, it's been there ever since. Here's how it sits right now,

image.jpg

I have a lot of empty space to fill now! Haha!

I also have my humidor that I got from the ECB newb appreciation giveaway sitting on top with a few CC's I got from a fellow BOTL here on the site.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A few weeks back I started digging through these threads looking at wineador builds. Knew I had to have one right away as my house swings temp like crazy, and with steam heat gets pretty moist. I came across a good deal on a scratch and dent 18 bottle cooler. Just happened to get a good chunk of money for my birthday so I pulled the trigger!
View attachment 43070

I immediately stuffed it with news paper, and a bowl of baking soda for 24 hrs

View attachment 43071

After that I still had the plastic smell, I scrubbed the inside with water and baking soda, popped the door and blew a fan into it for 24 hrs.... Smell was gone!
I
I added 2 lbs of kitty litter and let it sit, while waiting I took the original wood shelves and played around. I had some plexiglass laying around and decided to make some drawers out of the shelves. Worked great for a temp solution till I get down to my brothers cabinet shop to build some out of sc. 3 days and some spraying later it leveled of at 64 rh, it's been there ever since. Here's how it sits right now,

View attachment 43072

I have a lot of empty space to fill now! Haha!

I also have my humidor that I got from the ECB newb appreciation giveaway sitting on top with a few CC's I got from a fellow BOTL here on the site.
Newb here. I'm assuming the newspaper absorbs the plastic aroma? And what does the kitty litter do? I'm prob going to get a tupperdor goin here soon once I start buyin some boxes of things I like and will prob upgrade to a wineador in the future but it's a bit of a commitment right now.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thought I would add a pic of one of the drawers.

image.jpg

It's pretty simple but it works for now. I am concerned with sticks falling through. I might add some plastic mesh just to be safe at some point.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I actually had to look twice as well when I took the pic! Haha, that would be not good! For a 3 dollar hygrometer they are pretty dead on after calibrating. The temp tho, not even close most the time haha!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sat down with my brother today at a family get together, we went over the design, talked about options, and worked his business contacts. Found a local guy that has a good stock of spanish cedar, should be able to go get it in the next week or two. From the design we drew I'm guessing two days for build time. Then a day into the faces with fitting, sanding, and finish....I'm as excited as a schoolboy on prom night to get this done!