What's new

My other EDC. I couldn't resist.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I was able to jump on a special. A friend bought the 226 and the promotion was you could buy the P238 for $300. I of course benefited from this. lol. What a nice gift it was. Wink wink. It is so wonderful at concealment.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I've got a 938 and love it. I'm a big guy (with big pockets) so it just disappears. The thing also shoots lights out. I shoot groups as tight as I do with a full-size 1911 (probably says more about me than the gun)...congrats on the pickup.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Love my 938 as well. I'm actually willing and able to carry it easily, as opposed to the Glock 23 I tried to carry before. That said, I still shoot the Glock more accurately.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I've got a 938 and love it. I'm a big guy (with big pockets) so it just disappears. The thing also shoots lights out. I shoot groups as tight as I do with a full-size 1911 (probably says more about me than the gun)...congrats on the pickup.
I shot DX when I was active in LE, so accuracy wasn't my problem. Lol.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
nice little pocket rocket Bill...

Im thinking about grabbing a couple of new mouse guns for me and the better half soon (something easier to hide when Im wearing my speedo than the G19 :D )... I might have to take a closer look at the 238...

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Nice pick up. I will soon be picking up a new single stack 9 to carry because I just haven't been carrying my G19 like I should. I'm pretty much decided on the Ruger LC9S Pro. It's the gun Glock should have already made.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0

Im thinking about grabbing a couple of new mouse guns for me and the better half soon (something easier to hide when Im wearing my speedo than the G19 :D )... I might have to take a closer look at the 238...
I did the same. Wife carried a G19 and I carried a G36. We both switched to the G42.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0

*I might be biased

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0

*I might be biased
Lol.. Not sure if that's for the sig.. Or the speedo :)

I'm actually looking at picking up a pair of keltec p32's or p3-at... Specifically for wearing while jogging... (Super lightweight.. Thin.. Etc... Will fit easily inside a runners belt designed to carry an iPhone...)...

The mouse gun wouldn't replace the g19.. Would just the available when the g19 isn't practical (like when at the beach.. In my thong... Or when my fat ass tries to run a couple of miles without dying of a heart attack... :) )

I've owned a couple of p32s in the past... But every time I get one good and broken in... Someone (i.e. Wife) takes it from me and puts it in their collection...

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Love the gun for a range toy, though that's not the intended use. I'm just not comfortable with a SA pocket gun. Though, im a wheelgun guy, so my bias is toward either dao or da/sa decocker type. Not a fan of manual safeties save for my 1911s, which I rarely carry.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
It all depends upon the circumstances that I am carrying one of my guns. Executive protection, I'll carry my sig P220 or in a tux, my HK P7. Church or just simple work, my Kimber. Running around, simple errand, etc, my Sig P238. Different guns for different functions.

For 25 years, I carried either my Beretta 92F, my Sig P220 or my HK USP 45.

Last edited:

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
thanks for the inspiration Bill....

I'd been thinking about picking up a couple of pocket rockets for my better half and I.. over the years I've carried everything from S&W bodyguards to beretta tomcats to keltec p32's, etc.. as a deep cover or back up pistol.. but after leaving LEO work, pretty much resorted to just my daily carry and got rid of all the mouse guns over time..

The last couple of years I've found myself in situations where packing the G19.. has been challenging.. It can always be done.. but not always conveniently.... and there have been times I have wished I had something I could just slip into a pocket and roll out with.. rather than have to make the decision to either change the situation.. or leave home without it (for example.. when out jogging.. I can certainly throw the G19 into the fanny pack holster and go.. but.. its weighty, draws considerable attention (why is this fat dude running with an oversized mid 90's era fanny pack on that looks like he has a brick stuffed in it? people dont really wear fanny packs anymore...)..

So.. the house boss and I have an anniversary coming up next week...

and of all the things she could possibly want for valentines/anniversary? what does she ask for?

matching pocket rockets! :)

We went and looked at several options yesterday... wanted something that functioned similarly to the glocks (we both carry G19's).. looked hard at the G42.. but it was a little too big (width, height, and weight) for what we were looking for.. (wanted something I could literally shove in a pocket (in a pocket holster), or that would fit into a runners belt).. looked at the P3AT.. and looked at the LCP...

the LCP's won (obviously)..

Doesnt hurt that there is a Bud's Gun Shop less than an hour away.. (huge selection.. lowest prices youre gonna find anywhere, etc..)... for those of you attending the Hillbilly HERF in April.. plan on taking a ride up to Buds (if you like guns).. its only about 20 mins from the HERF site.. and is like disney world for gun guys..

If I didnt mention it earlier.... IVE GOT AN AWESOME WIFE! :D

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Love my 238, so much so, that I now have 2. Great little pocket/conceal pistol when I don't feel like carrying my larger framed/caliber pistols. But being in Cali now, obviously CC is out.