What's new

My take on Tarantino

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
First this is a totally objective slightly biased opinion lol. Second I do not have a NAACP card, membership or tattoo. I do not scream racism for every little thing. Of course I've used the n word casually I'm from inner city dc it is what it is. Of course of knocked white guys out for using it directly at me in a negative way. I've overlooked white guys saying it in an obvious slang that was NOT negative (especially on the west coast) but it's just like rednecks can call each other rednecks but I can't and don't.
Tarantino and "the n word" got out of hand for me in "man with the iron fists". Of course there are flicks where the word is necessary for artistic authenticity whether it be time period regional dialect, hood movies whatever. But he seems to manage to work into every movie. I never thought about it, and didn't even care until iron fist and someone mentioned or joked about him using the n word excessively. I'm watchin a Kung fu flick and then hear n n--- n--- n---? So then I thought back to pulp fiction and was like he used It as jimmy talkin to Jules and that's not even realistic because a "jimmy" wouldnt talk to his black friend like that. So I like the movies but the effort he seems to be putting forth to include the word is startin to be a little offensive. Maybe he's trying to show it shouldn't mean anything or that it should be irrelevant. I don't know his side of the story but it's a little annoying.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I get that too. It's almost like he wants to show other people he's cool with blacks and he can use it as much as he wants. I liked the man with the iron fists took me back to when my uncle use to take me to see a double bill of karate movies in downtown Detroit. I did think the use of the word was a bit excessive and didn't really have context except for the one flashback scene.

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I agree with you 100% on this. I sat there in awe trying to figure out why they were saying it so much. I don't even think the N word fit the time period of the movie. Much less in a so called kung fu movie. He over used it in the movie "Django Unchained" also but at least the time period for the movie was correct.

I don't think its just Tarantino, but pretty much all of them now a days. This so called shock value is going way above and beyond.
In the movie "the Heat" with Sandra Bullock. I swear they used the "F" word more than they did in Scarface and the language she used in the whole movie was above and beyond. Like she was trying to show a different Bullock to her fans. Jennifer Anniston did the same thing in "Were the Millers" like she was trying to show that she could be a "bad" girl too.

It just seems like everyone is trying to one up the previous movies in the shock and awe area. So much so that they don't realize that they are just degrading the movie in the long run. At least in my eyes, but the younger crowd these days soaks up and loves this crap so much that the movie industry is way over catering to them...........

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never heard of this movie till now. Could it be that the over use of this word was designed to instill a buzz around the movie to gain some interest, and get people talking?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Kat "crazy" Williams ripped into Tarantino at his show in Seattle over this same bs regarding Jango. He called Jamie Fox a sellout, among worse things. Lol
Im not touchy about vulgarity but this dude's a douche

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
He might be taking an approach like Ralphie May does. Here is an interview I taped 2 years ago when he was in the studio.

[video=youtube;KstC30aak6o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KstC30aak6o[/video]

Also found this interview of him discussing it with another personality.

[video=youtube;_gLpDmIEeBQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gLpDmIEeBQ[/video]

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I honestly think the man may be a tad bit autistic or something and can't understand social cues. I saw a video on Joe Rogan where he changed his voice with every different person he was interviewed by and it was creepy. Its like he doesn't have his own personality.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I get that POV and it is what it is and I know people like that and I don't entirely disagree with the philosophy. It's used in a non hatefully way by many people and I recognize that. Again if that's QT's creative goal id just like to know. If it's an underhanded slight then that's whack. I don't boycott his movies or no crap like that I just wonder about It.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
QT is huge into French New Wave cinema, and other social critiques.
The usage in his films is VERY MUCH a social critique, especially of the dominant upper-class white male.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
He likes to trigger emotion in his films. Just like any good director. But he does it in a way to make you feel uncomfortable. Yes he is getting more and more with it, but I think his movies surround somewhat the right time period and depict the white vs black mentality in the world (to his level of extreme he uses for everything). Not to justify it but to put into perspective...he had a grown man ass raped in pulp fiction, another grown man eaten alive by dog in django, and more blood and guts in his carrier than most horror flick directors. He takes his art and pushes it over the edge of what is acceptable to society. And honestly believe to get reactions like the ones listed above.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
He likes to trigger emotion in his films. Just like any good director. But he does it in a way to make you feel uncomfortable. Yes he is getting more and more with it, but I think his movies surround somewhat the right time period and depict the white vs black mentality in the world (to his level of extreme he uses for everything). Not to justify it but to put into perspective...he had a grown man ass raped in pulp fiction, another grown man eaten alive by dog in django, and more blood and guts in his carrier than most horror flick directors. He takes his art and pushes it over the edge of what is acceptable to society. And honestly believe to get reactions like the ones listed above.
Grown ass black man the white guy got away and the black guy didn't even get to kick his ass for the money cuz the white man saved him.... Ahahahahahahahaba him only sayin it cuz u pointed it out LOL. Now the foreign thing has a little weight because they definitely do not lend much weight to what we call a curse word but then their history is not ours either. And again I love his movies I'm just hoping he's not doing this and pointin and laughin....I'll have to kick his ass lol